• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dull paint / Car bra problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dull paint / Car bra problems?

Ok so I have a 1992 Ford Taurus SHO, original Ford paint - green. I have a 1993 SHO parts car, repainted with color matched green about 5 months ago.

The paint, then, looked like this on the parts car:

It now looks dull, faded, whatever even AFTER washing 2x, and trying to use paint cleaner, polish, wax and even NXT wax...

The reason I'm trying to get the above hood to look nice again, is so that I can replace the hood that has these hundreds of tiny scratches/engravings left by the previous owner's car bra on it:

Any help would be appreciated in what I could do to bring that parts car's hood back to life.

Hello,

Those are some bad marks, but working by hand, here is what to try.

1st - Scratchx, worked in well using a terry cloth. Use several well worked in applications.

2nd - Apply a well worked in coat of ColorX using terry cloth to the entire car.

Be sure to read the How To Remove Scratches by Hand, and How to Apply ScratchX articles as well.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i dont theres much you can do about the paint chips thoughwhy are there paint chips of there was a bra ?

good luck with the scratch X
      Patrick Yu
      2003 Honda Accord
      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Maybe it was a bad application, got put on by a bad installer.

Either way, ScratchX is about all you can try..
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
          i dont theres much you can do about the paint chips thoughwhy are there paint chips of there was a bra ?

good luck with the scratch X
          That's paint cracking/failure and isn't fixable (which is why he's trying to get the other hood back into shape.

You're going to have to use more aggressive products/proceedures to bring the paint back. Depending on your skill level and the products/machines you have available, you might want to try #83 preferrably by rotary, but a PC can also give results.
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"
          2013 Camaro ... triple black
          323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');