• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxidized rims 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidized rims 2

Hey Mike, I live in Nortwest indiana, and we have some bad winters with alot of salt, and sand spread out on the roads. I don't know if this is a contributing factor or not. Also about 2 years ago I had the exact same rims oxidize on me and I sent them back to Mickey Thomspson. My supplier sent me brand new rims, and about a 6 month's later bammm the same thing. I don't know what else to do my truck is lifted and I like to think of it as a nice show truck but with nasty rims what can you do. Do you think I can put like Vaseline, or any other product on the rims for the winter.
    Chave1975

You might just need to go with summer rims and a set of winter rims. But you can certainly try the Nxt Metal Polish.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have some rims that i sent one year ago in to get them powder coated black and the lips on the rim to get them highly polished.....prior they were powder coated silver plus they had a coating over the lips to prevent oxidizing.....

but in a short time like yourself the did get dull...only suggestion i can give your is get them replaced if you can and only use them in the summer(like someone also mentioned) or you can send them in to get them highly polished again......

or another option is try mothers powerball with Nxt All Metal Polysh see how that works if that doesn't try the professional line Mirror glaze all metal polish.....you use the power ball with a drill gun...

or another option is buying a buffer wheel with some rouge in three different colors for example white, red...use the search option and you might find someone spoke about this.....

hope this helps and guides you to your decision some more...
      the one i would suggest first if you want to work on it your self it the last to the second powerball with the two different polish cream....

good luck let us see some pic if you can before and after ...
      Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

The NXT Metal Polish has some protection in it. I think Sythentic Polymers but am unsure.

I took mine a step farther and Polished all with NXT Metal Polish then went #7>#20>7#20.

Now I have much more confidence that my wheels are well protected. Even though I will be pulling them off here in a month or 2 and putting my Winter Rims/tires on.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');