• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combi tool.....what do you think........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combi tool.....what do you think........

Do you think this machine can replace PC & Rotary (6" pads)

Bosch Power Tools – Trade/Industry. The professional blue power tools from Bosch are engineered for excellence – meeting the highest standards in speed, precision and robustness for great, professional work results.
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%
    Last edited by Pit-lane.dk; Oct 29, 2005, 03:53 PM.

I’d vote maybe.

I haven’t tried this particular one but I am a big fan of Bosch tools.

This tool looks like it might be a good alterative to the PC in countries where you can’t plug in a Porter-Cable.

I can’t see it replacing a rotary for serious work. It doesn’t have the power of many rotaries and the speed of driven eccentric polishers is usually slower than a standard rotary (not sure what the Bosch’s driven speed is, they only list the orbit mode speed in the specs). If you only need to use the driven mode once in a while and don’t mind if it removes defects slowly compared to normal rotaries it might be a reasonable substitute.

PC.

Comment

I think it would be a great tool. The motor has almost double the amperage and a little more opm's but also doesn't reduce to quite as low of a speed as a PC. Im a big Bosch fan and I own many Bosch tools so I would buy one if the need arose and would not hesitate at all.

Comment

Not sure I would care too much for that black handle under the thing. I think I would be bumping and sliding that thing a little too often. Not much clearance there.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
          Not sure I would care too much for that black handle under the thing. I think I would be bumping and sliding that thing a little too often. Not much clearance there.

Seems when getting into tight spots it may be a little more difficult. Bu I am sure it is a good machine.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There are some other polishers out there with similar handles. I’d definitely wrap the thing with foam tape to avoid paint damage.

Actually I’ve been meaning to do that to my G100 too. Ya know the cast aluminum cover over the eccentric assembly? The one over the top of the backing plate? Well, it’s just at the right height to bash into low wings and deep air scoops on some cars. Not to mention the luggage rack cross bars on my truck.

So far I’ve had the presence of mind to wrap my fingers around the thing and let my knuckles take the hits instead of gouging the paint. But I think a layer of foam would be a wise addition.

PC.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc
              There are some other polishers out there with similar handles. I’d definitely wrap the thing with foam tape to avoid paint damage.

Actually I’ve been meaning to do that to my G100 too. Ya know the cast aluminum cover over the eccentric assembly? The one over the top of the backing plate? Well, it’s just at the right height to bash into low wings and deep air scoops on some cars. Not to mention the luggage rack cross bars on my truck.

So far I’ve had the presence of mind to wrap my fingers around the thing and let my knuckles take the hits instead of gouging the paint. But I think a layer of foam would be a wise addition.

PC.
              Yep, lesson learned here. Did my first bit of sanding on a Bug Deflector on a '03 Silverado because of that. Fotunatley I corrected quickly. Made quite the neat noise.
              Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Yep, lesson learned here. Did my first bit of sanding on a Bug Deflector on a '03 Silverado because of that. Fotunatley I corrected quickly. Made quite the neat noise.
                I managed to create a chip in the paint of a pontiac aztek the first time I detailed one, and for that same reason. I learned that on those "things" you have to lift the hood before you polish out the front clip

Comment

Black ”handle” isn’t really a handle it’s for connecting the machine to a dust extractor and it can be removed in a second….

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');