• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Softening hardened paste wax in the can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softening hardened paste wax in the can

I was wondering if you can soften paste wax, in the can, which has hardened a bit.

I am not talking about trying to work with wax that has solidified like a brick. I am talking about paste wax which may have been bought and partially used, then re-sealed.

Sometimes, after the initial opening of the can, the wax will have become dried out a bit, after you re-open the can.

I thought that maybe you could spray some Meguiar's "Quik Detailer" (exterior stuff) into the wax can, and try to stir up the wax.

Anyone have any tricks for this situation?

Thanks in advance!

Few droplets of water might help moisten things again
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I thought that maybe water would not mix well with the chemicals in wax, but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

It's probably hardened from loss of solvents, which QD is not going to help (mostly water). Not sure what kind of solvent you'd need to replenish, or how well it would work.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');