• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#26 over NXT on White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #26 over NXT on White

Tomorrow is "play day" for me. I hope to glaze & wax. The last time I applied #7 then NXT then waited a day, then repeated the same the next day.

I was thinking about playing tomorrow and was considering trying out #3/#26 over the #7/NXT combo.

I was curious if anyone might have some feedback to offer up on doing the #3/#26 over my existing NXT on white paint. In other words, what "look" can I expect? This will be my first application of a Carnuba based was. I have used #20, #21 & NXT and have been extremely happy but wanted to play around and try something new.

Also any lessons learned while applying the #26 would be greatly appreciated.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Re: #26 over NXT on White

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
    Tomorrow is "play day" for me. I hope to glaze & wax. The last time I applied #7 then NXT then waited a day, then repeated the same the next day.

I was thinking about playing tomorrow and was considering trying out #3/#26 over the #7/NXT combo.

I was curious if anyone might have some feedback to offer up on doing the #3/#26 over my existing NXT on white paint. In other words, what "look" can I expect? This will be my first application of a Carnuba based was. I have used #20, #21 & NXT and have been extremely happy but wanted to play around and try something new.

Also any lessons learned while applying the #26 would be greatly appreciated.
    I am also considering the possibility of instead of using the #3/#26 combo tomorrow, of trying a #3/GC combo instead. have not made my mind up yet.
    Jeff Smith

Comment

Hey Jeff has anyone ever tell you "If you Buff your car too much you will buff out the paint".....j/k with ya....

thats awesome you can play with different products if only i had the time and money lol....so have you used #16 by it self or as a topper....how about #21....#7... hows it coming along with the rotary have you had a chance to use it more often....i finally just got mine too its CE i will use that for the mean time till i get the hitachi or makita....how is your wheels holding up from waxing and so forth, did you finally get a chance to redo them all with your fav....

also how did you weekend of car detailing with your freinds go along..you should get a canon digi cam and post them up everytime you do detailing on the weekend...lol

Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
        Hey Jeff has anyone ever tell you "If you Buff your car too much you will buff out the paint".....j/k with ya....
        Yep, neighbor says that to me several times a week. I finally saw him washing the other day so naturally I had to return the phrase. "BUT" then he made the comment, "Yep, I need to get some wax on it before winter." So now he is going to come to my house so I can buff the paint off his minivan.

thats awesome you can play with different products if only i had the time and money lol....so have you used #16 by it self or as a topper....how about #21....#7... .
        Well, I only have then time because I separated from my wife a few months ago. She has the kids now and I moved in with my mother as the housing market around here is ridiculous right now. So I have a job where I have about 4 hours a night to play with and also have all the time I need at home. It's not uncommon for me to spend 2-3 hours a day on my truck.]

Never used #16. It looks like I got the detailing bug about the same time frame they pulled it. Missed out on that one. I had #7/#21 (x2) on my truck for a whole week. ] Actually I had this over #7/#20 (x2). I loved both of them.. Right now it has #7/NXT. That's over the previous four layers listed above.

Have not used #7 as a topper yet. I can see it coming but my main emphasis has been trying the different sealants out trying to get myself great protection lined up for the winter.

My problem is that I like to play to much. Right now it isn't really hurting anything. Winter is coming and I'll have the coat of protection from heck on this thing. Come spring I'll reclay/and do a little clening and piolishing along with taking a stab at a little defect removal on those spots I posted about on my hood. Might even have something else to fix by the time winter is over.

But, by next spring I should have first hand knowledge of what look I like best on my truck as my plan is to try every Wax/sealant Meg's has to offer except for maybe #66. I am thinking today I'll go with the #7/GC (x2). Ina week or 2 try the #7/#26 (x2). After that will be #7/DC #3 (x2). Then comes the #7/A-12 (x2). I'll likely maintain as necessary through the winter with the cleaner wax. Not sure though. Will depend on what I see. I may be substuting #3 for the #7 peridically alnog the way. I may start that for the #26.

hows it coming along with the rotary have you had a chance to use it more often....i finally just got mine too its CE i will use that for the mean time till i get the hitachi or makita....how is your wheels holding up from waxing and so forth, did you finally get a chance to redo them all with your fav.....
        Have not played with the rotary yet. When I do get time, I end up working on several buddy's vehicles. I have one more Van at the house I need to tackle and get some winter protection on it. Then the Rotary Practice Geo is next in line. I did slap some #66 on it with the PC just to keep it from getting worse.

Wheels are holding up fine and I did get a chance to finalize them all. They are treated the same with an application of NXT Metal Polysh/#7/#20/#7/#20. As a matter of fact tonight I had stopped at the local Sheetz for my commute coffee and the guy behind the counter kind of pulled me to the side and started asking questions. Asked what I was using on them and what I applied it with. I took him out to the truck and showed him all of it. He commented that his new wheels did not even compare to mine. He is active duty Navy. I gave him my phone number and told him to call me. We'll set up a 3 day time frame for him to bring his car over and we will do it up. Kinda makes me a little pround that I can do this for one of our service members. I have a feeling more will follow. I'll be more than happy to invite them over as well. They supply the food. I'll supply the shine.

also how did you weekend of car detailing with your freinds go along..you should get a canon digi cam and post them upeverytime you do detailing on the weekend...lol..
        Could have went a little better. He showed up but was pressed for time. I wnated to help him but had a few other things I needed to get in the middle of. We were hoping to Wash, Glaze and LSP. His time did not allow it so he just washed it. I think he is coming over Wednesday to take another stab at it.

I have been slowly working toward getting a little more familiar with the pictuire taking end of it. My trouble is that I am extremely slow when I detail. I take my time. do a little work, drink a cup of coffee, smoke a cigar, do 20 laps around the vehicle and start up again. It takes me forever to get anything done. Worrying about the pic taking would just add to the time spent. Hopefully as I gain experience and the time it takes me to do things goes a little faster I won't mind doing that. Maybe when it's colder and I start the Rotary Practice on the Geo I will make that my first big camera supprted project. I hope to anyway.

[/B][/QUOTE
        Jeff Smith

Comment

I put #16 over NXT and it definetely increases the reflectivity/shine and makes it last longer. #21 over NXT didn't seem to make any difference in shine or last longer than #21 by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
            I put #16 over NXT and it definetely increases the reflectivity/shine and makes it last longer. #21 over NXT didn't seem to make any difference in shine or last longer than #21 by itself.
            Unfortunatley I don't have any #16 to pull from.
            Jeff Smith

Comment

HI Jeff,

If anytime your looking for some #16 i may be able to get you some...
              Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Originally posted by Djmigs
                HI Jeff,

If anytime your looking for some #16 i may be able to get you some...
                Thank you for the offer. But I think I had better try to stick to things I can get easily. No sense gaining experience on a product that's no longer produced at my point in the learning curve. Thanks a heap though.
                Jeff Smith

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');