• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any giude to a bling bling ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any giude to a bling bling ride?

As the above any giude to follow from washing the car, detailing, polishing, wax... and then the final step...

Anyone can share their thoughts.

Go here and look over this. It will get you started.

The 5-Step Paint Care Cycle.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Then you should look through the other stuff in the Information Station. Most of the basic info you will need to know is in there. Poke around in there for a while and kind of get a general feel for things. Once done you might want to rethink your post and try to be a little more specific.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

it aint blind if it aint clean...

Comment

When you asked it like that, I started thinking about MTV Cribs and the cars the rapstars and other famous people show up there. Too often the paint on those cars don't look too good. Swirlmarks can easily be seen on many blackcars on that show. Pretty sad.

Comment

I've only hit one Black vehicle ths far real hard. '03 Black Silverado. Came out gorgeous when done. Removed all swirl marks. I was proud of the end result. Even had the guy work it with me. Taught him proper wash techniq,maintaining, the whole gambit.

fast forward to "3 WHOLE DAYS LATER". I caught up with him. THe thing looked terrible. When I asked what happened he said he had decided to wash it. Used some towel, no soap, and a garden hose then let air dry.

I had very politely advised him before we even started to work with me and I would advise him on how to do things for a few weeks. He said he tried to call but I was asleep. Got anxious and did it himself.

So I kinda threw my hands up at the matter. He is on his own. Heck, I'd have washed it for him another time to show him if need be.

But that black showed such bad swirl from one single improper wash that I was surprised. Looked like I never touched it.
          Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');