• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

w9006 finishing pad "cracks" around edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froggy47
    I emailed cust. svc. & they called me Monday (the next day) and are sending a replacement pad.

Is this a GREAT company or what. Thanks Meguiars

Yes good support. Plus they actually pay folks to sit and support things like this forum. Other companies probably make comparable products. But I stick to Meg's because of their support. I knew if you called they would make you happy. Anybody can sell you something. Getting ahold of them later is something else.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I wish the customer support would work worldwide as well (I'm guessing that they only server the US?)! It seems like I'm missing out on the best thing with Meguiar's: satisfied customer guarantee or help over the phone whenever something is bothering the consumer...

Seems like a sweet service to you guys though!

/M

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus
        I wish the customer support would work worldwide as well (I'm guessing that they only server the US?)! It seems like I'm missing out on the best thing with Meguiar's: satisfied customer guarantee or help over the phone whenever something is bothering the consumer...

Seems like a sweet service to you guys though!

/M
        I am unfamiliar with how the Customer Service applies overseas. Meg's sure seems to have a decent customer base abroad. They really do need to support that a bit better.

I had bought a cordless orbital from Meg's. The 2nd time I tried to charge the batteries, one of them got really hot and would not work. I call C/S explained the situation. They said they would ship me a new battery. I asked of they wanted the old one back. They said no. I was kind of surprised at that.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
          I have tons of pads that look like that-WHY?

Because I use a non-meguiars approved over sized backing plate and sometimes crank the PC up tp 6 to remove some defects. My older (4-5 month old) pads can't hang and come apart. Keep in mind my pads are used 3-4 times a day for months.
          I could go out to the garage right now and show you half a dozen pads that look IDENTICAL to that. Again, it's because I use a non-meguiars backing plate (was 3M, now a LC flex plate) and I use the PC at 6 on a very regular basis with considerable downward pressure on certain defects (I'd rather do it this way than pull out the rotary all the time).

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');