• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Armor-Avalanche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Armor-Avalanche

I own a 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 and have noticed that the body armor on it in certain areas has started to get what almost looks like chalky patches to it. I've talked to GM about it and they call it motling? Anyone out there no of a product that will restore the plastic body armor to its original color? Thanks.

Most of the products out there that permanently restore the gray trim dont, from what I have seen. Seems like they are either gray spray paint, or get blothcy themselves.

I would try Gold Class Trim Detailer, in the liquid form. Works real nice on my gray plastic... lasts a pretty long time as well. Only a couple bucks for a bottle that lasts forever.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What you have there is a problem with an internally used mold release agent that is fume-ing or " motling " to the surface. It can be cleaned and dressed but the "chalky" will return.

On the vehicles we service we wash the panels then treat them with good 'ol #38. It will look great. It gives us a month or two before we have to reapply it.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
        On the vehicles we service we wash the panels then treat them with good 'ol #38. It will look great. It gives us a month or two before we have to reapply it.

Just to add to what Joe posted...

Everyone is looking for a permanent fix to exterior plastic molding and no such product exists. The best thing you can do if you want these types of surfaces to look good is to find something you like and use it often, for example as Joe has posted, they re-apply M38 Tire and Trim Dressing Gel every other month or so.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');