• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow spots in spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow spots in spring

I'm not sure it's something that occurs everywhere, but here in San Diego, every spring, all the cars here seem to get these yellow spots. Looks like a small drop of mustard. Anyone have an idea what causes this? They only occur on the horizontal surfaces so it seems to be dropped out of the environment. I'll see if I can't get a picture up later.

I'd like to know too, since it can appear on my car(s) when sitting out in the open, nowhere near any trees..
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

I believe its pollen or one of those types of dust.
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

Same here...I don't park anywhere near a tree. It definitly is not dust...to big to be a type of dust. And probably too big to be a drop of pollen?

Comment

Your not going to believe it, but it's Hummingbird droppings.
          See, I told you you wouldn't believe it!
          I was out in my backyard, had just finished washing down my driveway, and got one right on my arm. And a Hummingbird had just flown right at me. It's a tiny yellow oblong spot about as big as a pencil lead and about 1/8 inch long. Until it happened to me I didn't know what that stuff on my car was either. Now it's entirely possible that your spots might be pollen but that one time I knew what it was for sure.

Comment

Here in Virginia my black mustang turns nearly yellow. I just spent a week in SD on business and noticed this on just about every car.
            It is pollen and there isn't jack you can do about it except stay on top of cleaning it off or not letting your car out of the garage for another month or so. Humming bird droppings??? ROFLMAO!!

Use a duster and some QD every day and you should be golden, no pun intended
            Last edited by darkhorse; Apr 30, 2004, 12:21 PM.
            Lee

Comment

my fault guys,
              we get that pollen on our cars and than a rain and the dust piles up in the water beads and it leaves yellow spots, but I can see you've got it worst.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Those little small yellow dots are bug dookie. I've watched them do it while sitting there polishing on my car.
                Later,
                Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Bug dookie eh? I bet it is. I've heard from a person who runs a car wash that it is bug dookie...wanted to see if it was true.

Now that I think about it some more...that sounds to be very likely. Can't be pollen as then it would be on the vertical surfaces of the car too. As a matter of face...I've noticed that they like the heat coming off the engine as the spots seem to be more focused around the hood scoop on my friends WRX.

Comment

hey, im in san diego too.....i second the hummingbird droppings, weve lots of them here......and yea it does look like a tiny brown mustard drop....

Comment

I know why there's some dabate on this matter......

sounds like we're asking about different types of yellow.
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

Here's the pics...been waiting to get the "evidence" since I just washed the car last week. Sorry about quality..really hard to get a good pics on a black car.

Comment

Ok maybe thats a little big for bug dookie. I get little tiny yellow spots on my car.
                          Later,
                          Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                          Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

difinintily not what I was talking about.
                            eek! I'm glad we haven't got that around here. thanks for clearing that up TeCis300.
                            2019 GMC Sierra
                            1500 AT4

Comment

There are three major causes of paint contamination:

1. Rail dust - produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 70% of new vehicles are shipped by rail. Rail dust can contaminate a new car's finish before it even reaches the dealership. Anytime a vehicle is parked or travels near a railroad it is subject to rail dust contamination.

2. Brake dust - particles produced from the friction of brake pads rubbing against the rotor. This metal on metal friction disperses tiny particles of bare metal into the air and on the highway where it collects on passing vehicles.

3. Industrial fallout - another word for pollution, industrial fallout is a byproduct of our modern industrial age.

all can be clay bared out.
                              Rich
                              If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                              DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');