• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New black mustang-fine scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New black mustang-fine scratches

Well I got the PC 7336, Meguiars velcro back plate, 8000 and 9000 pads, and some 82. I have some long fine scratches on the hood that you can't feel with your finger nail but show up in the garage under the lights. The Dealership lot boys must have dried the car with a dirty chamois! The 82 shines up the black paint well but does not remove the fine scratches. I guess I'll need something a little stronger maybe 83?

What would you recommend for clear cote black?

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve, which pad did you use when applying the Swirl Free Polish?

Next step up would be some Speed Glaze, #80, with the 8000-series yellow foam. That has more cleaner in it and finishes with a great polish. Search the forum and you'll see a vast amount of good news on results and versatility from #80.

#83, Dual Action, is a stronger product than #80. I'd go less aggressive first to see if that cures your problem. Have any photos of the marks on your finish?
    See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I used the 8000 pad with the 82. I think I'll get some 80 next week and give it a try. The finish has a great gloss and depth but those fine scratches on the hood really stand out under a light.

Thanks for the reply!

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');