• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much would you charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you charge?

A co worker of mine would like her new VW bug and Lincoln sedan (not the huge town car) detailed. I was thinking of doing both for 100 bucks. Each car on a different day though. Services would include wash/clay polish/wax and full clean/detail of the interior... What would be fair?

For a friend, I would charge about $175 for the bug and $225 for the Lincoln.
    Nate Williams
    N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by N.E.W.car
      For a friend, I would charge about $175 for the bug and $225 for the Lincoln.
      DAMN!..that is alot, then again it is alot of work.

Comment

It might seem like a lot - especially if you are pretty new to the detailing scene...but once you factor everything in it starts to make sense.

Break it down by time/skill involved/tools/supplies.

I WILL NOT work for less than $35/hour, and that is for friends.

Actually, I charge friends $35/hour, and then if they want to help, I will get done sooner and they will pay less...it all works out.

The Beetle won't take long at all, being so small - but it's got a lot of curves, which makes things a tiny bit more difficult if you are using a G100.

That being said, the Beetle might be around 4 hours - so I was a little high on that. A lot depends (as far as time is concerned) on how thorough you are, and how much work they actually need...
        Nate Williams
        N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

The vehicles are in extremly good condition..well mantained etc. This is just something I do on the side during the summer season for friends and co workers. A casual detailer I would say. No machine work involved.

Comment

Depends on the Aesthetics. The coworkers of course. She cute?

Comment

Originally posted by Mowerpan
              Depends on the Aesthetics. The coworkers of course. She cute?

1. Ugly - $200
              2. Okay looking - $150
              3. Good Looking - $100
              4. Drop dead gorgeous - $free

Seriously though, if they are in great shap like you mentioned and since it is not something you do for a living, then I think around the $100 price range is fair.
              Proud Owner/ Avy's Mobile Detailing

Comment

I think that 175 and 225 are good prices if your doing the interior. Your time is worth money, IMO, and your gonna hate yourself after two days if all you have is 200 in your pocket when you should have 400.

That said I have done good friends of mine cars for as little as 50, so who am I to speak.... but that was just a quick clay and buff with M66 and took me no more then two hours...
                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

IMO, I would say at least $100 per car. Calcuate your time and how much product you have to use to get the finish you want.

Comment

I just did my friends Scion tC for $100. Wash, Clay, Polish, Wax, Interior. That was a friend rate and took about 4-4.5 hours. I also did my boss's car for $190 and the car was a disaster. Took me 9 hours and when I was done I felt somewhat cheated since I didn't tell her near enough for the condition of the car.

For those 2 cars I would say $100 and $150 would be decent prices. Probably what I would charge a friend for a similar job.
                    -Brian
                    2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

LOL i've done too many cars for free now i ask ppl for $50 but the car has to be washed and they must buy me a product of my choice...too bad most of the time people buy me M09, at least its good for rotary practice
                      Patrick Yu
                      2003 Honda Accord
                      2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');