• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Garage Transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Garage Transformation

I thought it would be interesting to see how far the garage has come in 6 months. I have been adding little by little as money has allowed. The floor is the Rustoleum Epoxy that I got at HOme Depot in a kit.

Last edited by Chris Nemlich; Mar 8, 2005, 06:39 AM.
    "Washing for the People"

That looks pretty good organized and clean ... when can i come and park my car over ..... looks great!

Comment

Looks great. What did you use on the floor?

Comment

Cool garage you there. Keep up the work on the garage. How is the Rustoleum Epoxy holding up? What type of lighting do you have in the garage? What are your future plans?

I need more money to purchase more products.

NOMADZ1,
        Autonova used the Rustoleum kit from Home Depot.

Eric
        Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

very impressive.

makes me want to go extend my garage to make it a 2 car garage =)

good stuff! how do you like the bissell little green machine?
          2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
            very impressive.

makes me want to go extend my garage to make it a 2 car garage =)

good stuff! how do you like the bissell little green machine?
            I love it man it is the heated version and I use it along with the little yellow steamer in t
            he picture and I can knock out some serious interiors. I am starting to realilize what a valuable
            tool a steamer can be for all parts of the interior.
            "Washing for the People"

Comment

what kind of steamer is it?

I have that little toy - the shark steamer - I think it's garbage, but for that 2" square space it works - pretty good.

what do you look for in purchasing steamers?
              2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulvr4
                what kind of steamer is it?

I have that little toy - the shark steamer - I think it's garbage, but for that 2" square space it works - pretty good.

what do you look for in purchasing steamers?
                It is a McCulloch Steamer, I got it at Harbor Freight Tools. It holds about a gallon of water and comes with several attachments. i look for on that gets about 180 degrees and will last through a big car with no problems.
                "Washing for the People"

Comment

The steamer seems to be reasonably price around $100 for the weekend warrior.

Have you used the steamer for leather?

How is the floor coating holding up?

Eric
                  Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak
                    The steamer seems to be reasonably price around $100 for the weekend warrior.

Have you used the steamer for leather?

How is the floor coating holding up?

Eric
                    I use the steamer everyday and have for about a year now and it has held up great. I do use it on very soiled leather if need be I will spray some APC or Woolite and go over the seats very lightly with the steamer.

The floor coating is great and durabe, it has held up for about 6 months now even with all the chemiclas I get on the floor and driving in and out.
                    "Washing for the People"

Comment

Looks good! do you have a detailer banner around your water heater? Looks good.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

AutoNova,

Just so you know, I have resized one of the images you have posted. It was very wide, causing me to have to scroll horizontally. Most people will find this to be an inconvenience because it also forces each person to scroll to read each individual response.

I resized your image using a cool free program called Easy Thumbnails. Here is a link where you can learn how to do this and find where to download the program:

How to resize your photos using Easy Thumbnails - Free software!

Generally, 600 pixels wide is considered to be the normal size for posting images on forums. However, sizes up to 700 pixels wide are generally acceptable. Anything wider will cause some users to have to scroll.

-----

On the topic of your garage...

All I can say is WOW! Looks great! I love the organization of it, as well as your very professional looking banner.

It seems that you have a Rigid shopvac, which is what I have as well. How do you like it?

I can't help but notice all of the gallons of products you have. Looks like you are armed to tackle any detailing job you come across!

I hope you are proud of you nice layout!

Good luck with your business!

Chris
                        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I am impressed

Is the laquer thinner for detailing or sometihng else?

Comment

I use it for removing road paint that has sprayed up on wheel wells or to clean my own hands after painting wheel wells.
                            "Washing for the People"

Comment

I was looking over the pic again and...

Wow... Looks like you have a mile of hose on the wall for your shop vac.
                              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');