• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any pros in Santa Cruz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any pros in Santa Cruz?

I have a '66 Ford Mustang that is in need of a lot of help. I have tried my G-100 and DACP, but it hardly made a dent. I'm afraid it is in need of a rotary and I have neither a rotary nor the experience to use it.

Before:

After:

I am looking for a Meguiar's professional in Santa Cruz or Monterey County, California to offer some advice and possibly some work.

I'd rather do the work myself, but am afraid of making it worse. It does have a few 'to the metal scratches', but those will have to wait to be another project.

I cannot take credit for the Mustang being as good of condition as it is in. It is mostly original and the previous owner spent a lot of time rebuilding the engine, re-doing the interior, and at some point had it repainted (original Wimbledon white).

Thanks!

Judging by your picture, it looks like you made a pretty sizeable dent. The swirls have been pretty dramatically reduced and the staining is gone. How many passes did you make with #83? I'd say stick with it if you aren't pressed for time, you are doing a good job.

Comment

Yes sir, I agree. Keep at what you are doing. After they are diminished significantly, attack with #80. You seem competent in what is necessary for the job, just be confident and it should go through with stunning results!
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Try L & G Detail in Watsonville. I never had my car detailed their, but I always see car show cars. Theirs also a detail place on Water Street that do a really good job.

Comment

Thanks for both the props and the info.! I really appreciate it!

My wife's daily driver is going to get hit first, but as soon as the Vovlo is done, I will be attacking the Mustang again!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');