• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaks and marks inside windshield...How to remove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaks and marks inside windshield...How to remove?

Hi All,

First I must say, that there is no end to the knowledge that I'm absorbing from these online Forums. My Thanks to all!

Now my issue.

I just got a new truck. It was a 2006 dealers demo, only 2200 miles on it,,,,so you can see, it just about new. Manuf. date is March of this year. So you can see, it's not old at all. I have these streaks and long marks that can be seen only when cleaning the inside of the windshield. They go from top to bottom (vertically). This was the first cleaning I gave the windshield interior,,,,when I changed to temporary registration sticker.

I tried Stoners Invisible glass which I've always used as an all around glass cleaner with very good results. When the window is cleaned and dries, the marks, of course, dissapear. When wet, I can see where the dealer used a radar detector (suction cup marks) and these other streaks (and they are wide too,,,, from a half to a full inch). I'm not gonna mess with this until I hear from your experiences. I've learned a long time ago that you can do more damage than good by experimenting. I've been detailing my own vehicles and a few for pay,,,,,but I've never run into this issue.

My many thanks in advance!

Mark

I use Megs Window Foam Cleaner and a good Microfiber cloth. No streaks and it takes off those pesky "suction cup" marks.

Comment

Originally posted by 96greencivic
      I use Megs Window Foam Cleaner and a good Microfiber cloth. No streaks and it takes off those pesky "suction cup" marks.

Hi 96greencivic,

I read (probably yours) a post somewhere else with the same graphic. I'm gonna order some.

Thanks!
      Mark

Comment

No problem. Glad to help.

Comment

I just got my 3 cans of detailers glass cleaner and BOY, was I surprised at how good it works! I remember when I thought invisible glass was the bomb.

Only one issue,,,,,,Even though it foams, it still gets on trim, rubber etc.

The can mentions nothing about safe for plastics etc. What do you think about overspray on trim and paint??

Thanks again for turning me onto this stuff!

Mark

Comment

I was given a can to try at a Meguiar's Garage Clinic. After using the can up on my own and customer cars--I ordered a case from ADS. Great stuff. I love it. Best when used with the Meguiar's MF Glass Cleaning towel.
            Richard Lin
            ShowCarDetailing
            5548 E. La Palma Ave
            Anaheim, CA 92807
            toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

I can see going through a case very easily, as I'm almost done with one can today already. I just can't place the smell though,,,,reminds me of something familiar.

Mark

Comment

only every got to try it once but i worked really well on Albert's RSX type S, seems a little bit better than the regular spray glass cleaner from the D-line ( i have no idea why, they are the same thing aren't they ?)
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the same as the liquid spray. I may get the liquid when I'm out.

Comment

I'd try 20/20, best glass cleaner I have used so far (never seen the Meguiar's cleaner in a store). If that doesn't help, use Goo Off, that should take care of it...

Comment

I've never seen or heard of 20/20,,,,,,and I sure didn't think of using goof off- good idea! I use it all the time at the shop here when working on vinyl graphics.

Ive been using the Meguiars and it's been working pretty good. I picked up those new solid Bosch wiper blades and between those and rain-x, I get good results.

Thanks....

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');