• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

g100 loudness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g100 loudness

i ordered a g100, i am waiting for it to arrive. now i was thinking does it make a loud noise during its operation or is it fairly quiet?

I guess the noise level is a little lower than that of a standard electric drill. I have actually used it at night at home in my driveway and I have neighbours on each side not much more than 60' away. I never had any complaints.

While using it, every once in a while I hit a spot on my vehicle, like in the middle of a hood or other large smooth area where there is not many bends or curves in the metal. Sometimes the vibration of the machine will reverberate there but I can easily make a minor adjustment in the way I hold the machine to work through this if need be.

Overall it is very quiet. I was surprised.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

thank you, that is exactly what i was worring about...neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by xtos
        A few weeks ago I had a buddy come over and we were working his car up. I had him out at the end of my driveway. About 50' from where I was working. I could baely hear it.
        Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Tonight I had my first occasion to use a G100 Porter Cable style electric DA tonight. Worked with a friend who bought one to paint prep his vehicle. We sanded with it and it worked pretty well for that. I've only used the pneumatic DA's, but this electric surprised me. It is, indeed, fairly quiet and it doesn't vibrate or rattle at all. Good machine!

Now I get to teach him how to use it to maintain the new finish we get on the car.
          See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

well do there cars too and then the'll love you!!
            BTW is that you 350 in ur avantar???
            its nice !
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');