• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some hand-holding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some hand-holding.

I'm ready to do an all day detail on my black Prius. It's fairly new (April 2005).

I'll be washing with Gold Class. (Will be switching to NXT due to local hard water.)

Then I'll clay the car.

Now I want to use my new DA polisher. My plan is:

Apply Deep Crystal Polish with W8006 Yellow soft buff foam polishing pad at 3-5.

(Do I then remove by hand or use the W7006 burgundy softbuff cutting pad with the microfiber bonnet and at what speed?)

Apply NXT tech Wax using either another W8006 or a W9006 Tan softbuff finishing pad at 2-4.

At what speed do I use the W7006 cutting pad with the microfiber bonnet? I know I can use this to take the wax off, I just don't remember what speed and I can't find it anywhere.

I've got three W8006 Yellow polishing pads, one W9006 Tan finishing pad, one W7006 Burgandy cutting pad and two microfiber bonnets for the cutting pad.
    It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Hi Godiva.

I did the same as you and applied DC Polish with the yellow pad at 3.5.

Then used the MF Bonnet over over an unused cutting pad at 2.5 (thats all it needs). Due to the lines of the car i doubt you will remove all polish with the pad, so just finish off with a MF cloth. Then repeat the exact process with NXT maybe actually apply at lower speed. I find that NXT is much much easier to remove with the PC than by hand.

Rob

Comment

I have found it more time consuming to remove a polish with my PC... reason it you will have to keep changing pads every few min to apply then remove the polish. You want to remove the polish wet or it can be come difficult to remove. Unlike a wax where you apply the entire car then go back and remove. I like to remove polish by hand and wax with my PC, Just my .02.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Agree with you gb, its much easier to remove Polish by hand but wax i prefer the PC initially.

Rob

Comment

Okay. Got it.

Thanks for the input.

I have no problems with removing the polish by hand as I've been doing everything by hand forever.

So Polish with pad

Remove by hand.

Wax with pad

Remove with pad/bonnet.

I'm good to go.
          It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Godiva
            Okay. Got it.

Thanks for the input.

I have no problems with removing the polish by hand as I've been doing everything by hand forever.

So Polish with pad

Remove by hand.

Wax with pad

Remove with pad/bonnet.

I'm good to go.

Sounds good!
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');