• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh No, Cant' get the G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh No, Cant' get the G-100

So , I can't get the G-100, due to it been 110v

the makita was recommended, which is also a dual action polisher, just want to know, besides the Makita, are the any other (big brand) dual action polishers that somecan recommend?

have you looked into a adaptor??? we have to use them in uk

Comment

Originally posted by steveo3002
      have you looked into a adaptor??? we have to use them in uk
      Yes, you might try to get a converter first

I life in Europe and we encounter the same problems here and
      that's a real pain sometimes and I honestly don't see why manufactures don't jump into this it should not be
      that hard to make a model that can be used with 240v.

But anyways that was the main reason I purchased this Festool
      RO 150E it's a Dual Action machine as well:

I just love detailing

Comment

Yip, i did consider getting a convertor, problem is, how does one , service and get it repaired if need?

do you guys know of any other range, maybe Black and Decker / Bosch?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowen
          Yip, i did consider getting a convertor, problem is, how does one , service and get it repaired if need?

do you guys know of any other range, maybe Black and Decker / Bosch?
          I don't think a converter has any moving parts....so most likely it would never need to be serviced.
          Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

You other option would be to get a transformer to step down the power. We contracted a electrician to come in and do 1 outlet on each of our three heliports for the reason of using the G100. Im not sure what they charged, but I can check my record on Monday and look. You might even beable to purchase the step down transformer at a local electrical supply store and even do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Paramedic
              You other option would be to get a transformer to step down the power. We contracted a electrician to come in and do 1 outlet on each of our three heliports for the reason of using the G100. Im not sure what they charged, but I can check my record on Monday and look. You might even beable to purchase the step down transformer at a local electrical supply store and even do it yourself.
              Aren't a converter and step-down transformer kinda the same thing?
              Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Or get a Cyclo which uses 240V, like I did, be happy, and forget about the G100.
                Just MHO though.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning
                  Aren't a converter and step-down transformer kinda the same thing?
                  yeah same thing..find em on ebay or a hardware store

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');