• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having an issue with my DA backing plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having an issue with my DA backing plate

its a megs 6" plate and i have used it maybe 7-10 times and the velcro is becoming weak and barely holding my megs pads. do i just need to buy a new one? i dunno if there is a warranty for these things?!?

to MOL
    call customer service they should take good care of you
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Just a note on this. Something I caught myself doing was not storing it properly. I would put it in a ziplock bag and throw it in my large platsic bin and then throw the DA, Rotary and other Misc. supplies in there. The backing plate usually tended to migrate to the bottom and sometimes would end up flat against the bottom of the bin, velcro side down, awith all the other junk on top of it. I noticed my vecro getting weak pretty fast and attributed it to all this weight being placed on it. So now I am a little more conscious of how I place it in the Bin.
      Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Smith
        Just a note on this. Something I caught myself doing was not storing it properly. I would put it in a ziplock bag and throw it in my large platsic bin and then throw the DA, Rotary and other Misc. supplies in there. The backing plate usually tended to migrate to the bottom and sometimes would end up flat against the bottom of the bin, velcro side down, awith all the other junk on top of it. I noticed my vecro getting weak pretty fast and attributed it to all this weight being placed on it. So now I am a little more conscious of how I place it in the Bin.
        interesting i generally keep mine in the box with the DA, but the thing is it is attached to the DA so perhaps the box is pressing down on it when it is closed. i will call customer service, get a new one and take your advice.

Comment

IMO, weight on top of the backing plate when it's in your storage box won't have any effect on the velcro.

Comment

Originally posted by Setec Astronomy
            IMO, weight on top of the backing plate when it's in your storage box won't have any effect on the velcro.
            I agree it was far fetched. But that seemed to be to only thing I could attribute it to. I "assumed" the weight on it plus it shifting around it the box "might" put just enough on the velcro to press down on it enough to distort it to a minor degree. I have since bought another backing plate and store that one diffrently the the previous and as of yet have not had the issues with it.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');