• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help with package I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with package I have

I picked up the ADS package which includes all of the items listed below.

1 Meguiar's G100 Polisher (Lifetime Warranty)
    1 Backing Plate.
    2 W8006 Foam Polishing Pad
    1 W9006 Foam Finishing Pad
    1 X4003 Microfiber Bonnet (2 Pack)
    1 Meguiar's Clay Bar (Small)
    1 M8032 Speed Glaze 32 oz.
    1 G12718 NXT Tech Wax 18 oz. (Comes with 1 Applicator Pad)
    1 G13224 NXT Speed Detailer 24 oz.
    3 16 x 16 Microfiber Towels
    1 Duffel Bag

My question is ( I searched ) what does the Bonnets go over. I doubt the bonnet just goes over the backing plate. I read a thread and somewhere it said to use the W-7006 soft buff cutting pad. My confusion is what is the difference with the finsihing and buffing pads and are those the ones to use with the bonnets. I was also confused on the description of the finishing pad and what it actually does. The bonnet ( correct me if I am wrong ) is used to remove wax if so then what are the w-7006 and the 9006 used for. I'm really excited on using this package however I feel I'm missing something. Please help me with this and thanks in advance.
    2005 MACHINE SILVER C6 CORVETTE - 2006 POLAR WHITE SCION XB - 2003 LEMANS SUNSET NISSAN 350Z
    "You can take the New Yorker out of NY, but you'll NEVER take NY out of the New Yorker"

The 8006 Polishing pad is used for applying cleaner/polishes.
    The 9006 Finishing pad is used for applying pure polishes and waxes.

The bonnets are then used to remove wax as the final step. You can remove your cleaners/polishes with bonnets, but that isnt usualy the most efficient way. It is usualy easier to remove cleaners/polishes by hand and Supreme Shine Towels.

You will have one pad set aside for each product, and then one clean/dry/unused pad for use under the bonnets. You can pick either the 8006 pad or the 7006 Cutting pad to use. It is a bit of a personal preference, but the 7006 pad is popular for under the bonnets as it is a bit stiffer.

Just remember, dont get confused and use the 7006 pad directly on your paint. Only under bonnets.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok so one of the two 8006's I can use for the Speed glaze # 80. The 9006 pad I can use to apply the NXT wax and the other 8006 I can use to put the bonnet over correct. The car I have is fairly new and well kept so the paint is in excellent shape. Is there another polish or cleaner I can use in between the speed glaze and the NXT. My steps for a full exterior detail

1. Clay
      2. Speed glaze 80
      3. Nxt wax

but what can I use the other 8006 pad for? Is there a step that I am missing for a detail. I feel I'm missing something here also thanks for the reply Murr and making feel welcome here
      2005 MACHINE SILVER C6 CORVETTE - 2006 POLAR WHITE SCION XB - 2003 LEMANS SUNSET NISSAN 350Z
      "You can take the New Yorker out of NY, but you'll NEVER take NY out of the New Yorker"

Comment

Sure, glad to have you here

Well, if you use one 8006 for #80, and one for bonnets, then you wont have any left.

If you want other products to use in between #80 and wax, you would want to look for milder products.

You could either use a milder cleaner/polish like #82.

Or you could use a pure polish, like #3/#5/#7/#81.

Once your car is in perfect shape, and yo uare able to keep it that way, you may even be able to use just #82, and skip the #80.

So, for a show car kind of detail, you would do this:

1. Wash
        2. Clay
        3. Cleaner/Polish - #80 or #82.
        4. Pure Polish
        5. Wax - 2 thin coats of wax, removed by bonnet.

Comment

GRRRRRRRR more confusion what would be the better pure polish to get that "wet look" on my car #3/#5/#7/#81 and consider it to be used with the DA Polisher. I leaning toward the # 7 Show car glaze. I acheived these results with a simple clay and NXT followed by Quik Detailer from time to time

Comment

Sorry, didnt mean to add to your confusion...

But you really do have a lot of options to pick from, which is just something that is going to happen when you jump up to the Professional and Detailer Lines.

You will certainly not need anything stronger than #80.

I was just reading another thread that 2hotford commented in, and he has pretty much used every product. He says that #3 is easier to use by machine, while #7 can be easier applied by hand.

Based on the number of pads you have available at the moment, #7 would also be good for this then.

You could:

1. Wash -
            2. Clay if needed
            3. Clean - #80 applied with 8006 pad and removed with SS towel.
            4. Polish - #7 applied by hand and removed with SS towel.
            5. Wax - Nxt wax applied with #9006 and removed with MF bonnet over the clean #8006 pad.

Thats just a rough procedure to fit with what you currently have. I am sure in a few months you will have a few more products/pads/etc laying around, just like we all do after a little while. You will be able to try other options and combinations then.

Comment

Hi:

Guess I am going to add more confusion but based on the pictures you may not really need #80.

Since you are in LA I would try to go to this weekend class at Meguiar's; there are empty seats. I would take advanage of this before I did to much with the paint.

If you need to do something now I would suggest:

Wash
              Clay
              #82 (May not be required.)
              LSP (wax)

Take a class and then go for it.

Regards,

KTruck
              Make it Shine

Comment

Hi "Fellow New Yorker" now also living in the "Sunshine State.

You have lots of stuff, but lets see if we can keep it simple as you do not seem to have swirls that need to be removed.

Take a drive to your local Pep Boys / Auto Zone and buy a bottle of Meguiar's "Deep Crystal Polish".

It is in a red plastic bottle and is labeled "#2 of a 3 step system". It should be about $5.99.

Outside of this you have all that is needed (more than enough fo now) to take care of a beautiful car.

Here's the steps I would use:

1. Wash / Dry

2. Clay with Speed Detailer for lube

3. Deep Crystal Polish - By hand or G100 Polisher with a Polishing Pad (yellow). Do one panel (door - fender etc.) at a time and wipe off BEFORE it drys with one of your microfiber towels. If you wait too long and it is hard to remove spray a little Speed Detailer and then easily remove.

4. Apply your NXT Tech Wax by hand or with G100 Polisher with a Finishing Pad (tan).

You can do the entire car if you wish or a panel at a time but you need to wait for it to be dry (about 15 minutes) before you wipe it off using a DIFFERENT (clean) microfiber towel.

You can put one of your microfiber bonets over one of your yellow pads to remove the NXT Tech Wax, but for me, it is a heck of a lot easier and a lot more FUN to use the towel to remove the Wax.

5. Walk around the car check for remaining wax that you missed and pat yourself on the back a few times for doing such an outstanding job.

OK, you're done - now it's time to drive all over L.A. to see if you can find a good New York Deli to reward your self for all of the (easy) work you did on your car.

After about 3 hours when you realize that there are no good New York Deli's in L.A. just pull into an (only in California) "In and Out Burger" and enjoy a "Double Double" ...and ... be thankful that we live in a place that "it never rains, the streets are paved with gold and there is a movie star on every corner".

Have fun.
                2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

i think if Ed clays, he will get better results with #7, don't get me wrong DC2 is good but on a preped car #7 is amazing. Also after you have done 2 coats of NXT 24hrs after the second coat you can do a coat of #7
                  Patrick Yu
                  2003 Honda Accord
                  2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Thanks guy for the help and yes my paint does not have extreme swirls but it does have minor defects if you look close. I'm the type of person that see's every little mark or nick on my car. I will hopefully tackle this soon when the rain stops...Who said it never rains in Southern California

Bene Vita did you like my Sig about NY

Comment

Originally posted by Ed 718
                      I'm the type of person that see's every little mark or nick on my car.

Well...I would say you have come to the right place as we are all like that here on MOL! When looking at a paint finish, I will point things out to people, and most just look at me funny as they can not either see it or can not believe that I would even spot the defect!

On your car, (beautiful color by the way! ) I would use:

1. Wash
                      2. Clay
                      3. #80 with the PC with a W-8006 Polishing pad, at Speed 5
                      4. #7 applied with a foam applicator
                      5. 2 coats of #21 or NXT Tech Wax with the PC and a W-9006 Finishing Pad, PC set to speed 3
                      6. Remove the #21 or NXT with a Gold Class MF Bonnet over a W-7006 Cutting pad with the PC set to speed 5.

That combo will make that paint just "POP"!

Please take some before and after photos and post them here on MOL!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks tim that is exactly the products I have in my arsenal. So I guess I'm ready to rock and roll with this once the rain stops I just picked up the # 7 so I'm just waiting for my shipment. I can't wait to see the results.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');