• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buffing near and around high points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffing near and around high points

Hello guys!
    I'm just starting out with my G100, trying to get accustomed to the machine.
    I've only done one test spot in the trunk lid, but I've already taped most of the car up (emblems, trim, etc)
    So far so good.
    As some of you know my car is a '65 Mustang coupe. This particular model has some very high points on its fenders and quarter panels.

Should I be concerned when using the G100 near these areas, should I tape them to avoid any unpleasant surprises. I have no idea how thin the paint is in these parts.

Here are some pics for those who are not familiar with these panels.

Currently I'm using #80 with the yellow polishing pad. And IMO getting good results.
    I still need to work out how much pressure is needed on the PC.

Thanks

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Certainly can tape off, no harm in that, and then do those spots by hand. Many people will by a few different widths of tape.

Also, dont push down on the top of the edge. Just sort of flow along the panel, up to the edge, staying flat to the panel itself.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i thought as long as you stay flat you're good to go.

that part might be tricky. but like he said, by hand might be the safe bet here.

just stay as FLAT as possible with the G100 though.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');