• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 ZO6 Detail...(56k take a nap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N.E.W.car
    Looks really good - but I have a question...

Now, don't let this ruin all the praise you have gotten so far (you did a great job), but I am seeing what looks to me like very minor buffer-trails in the following pics.

It could be the sun playing tricks though. I am not trying to be rude, I just wanted to point out the small imperfection I found. Most of us here are perfectionists, so hopefully you can appreciate where I am coming from, and the spirit in which I pointed this out!
    I am mot offended, while I take this very seriously I still am not a professional. There really isn't any way that I can disprove that those are not buffer trails. I honestly can tell you that its just the sun playing tricks on the camera lens. I think the sunbursts gives the illusion of buffer trails.

Heres another shot of the hood (I could have just as easily put this on in instead, but it didn't have any direct sunlight hitting it)

Buffer trails were all over this car and that was one of my main goals, as well as all the defects. Here the buffer trails are clearly evident

Here they are not, you can almost see the deeper blacker color compared to the one above (ignore that other partially covered NEGLECTED Corvette in the background)

I appreciate the critiques. How are you ever supposed to get better if no one potentially points out something you might have missed, but rest assured that paint was completely rid of any buffer trails and some deep scratches were the only things that remained.

Thanks NEWcar

Comment

Good to hear - awesome job then!!! Trust me, everybody has left some of those kind of defects at one point or another. Good to know it's just the sun playing tricks!
      Nate Williams
      N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');