• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Came In!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Came In!!!

Picked it up from my gf's today, what a sight, complete with the counter weight and ready to go.

Tomorrow all the supplies come in and I will give the hood a first run over to see the difference and show you guys some good pics and see what I get.

Although I am curious as to whether the Speed setting 5 is too much for the paint? I assume not but man it seems like that is a lot of power to be putting on the car, oh well.

Re: Just Came In!!!

Speed 5 is fine. Use 5 for polishing. Speed 3 for apply LSP, 5 for removal of LSP. Speed 6 is is NOT recommended though I have done it once. The pad went into low Earth orbit after about 15 minutes!
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

In addition to what kellyinkc has posted, if you have not seen it here is a link to the speed/pad chart.
      Product, Pad and Speed settings for the Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher
      Print it off and keep it handy
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

good luck or mazeltoff or successes
        show some pictuers
        alberto gorin
        known as gorin002

Comment

I recently joined the G-100 club as well!!

Just as a quick note, use speed settings 4-5 for polishing. (Remove product by hand before it dries) Speed 3 for applying wax and 5 for removing it.

Stay away from speed 6 because there is a tendency of overheating the backing plate adhesive. Meg's doesn't support any speed above 5 on the G-100.
          Matt
          2007 Lexus RX350
          1998 Acura Integra

Comment

I too just joined the DA club. Thanks to Matt and his group buy, I took full advantage of it and it came in last week. I still have not been able to use it yet, but this weekend is looking promissing! I can't wait to try it on my car and finally get it up to par as far as condition is concerned.

Woot!

Cheers and go get your polish on!

Sawulook
            Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
            James R. Cook

Comment

Awesome bud, just don't get nervous when the first few minutes you smell a little something, its just the lubricating oil heating up for the first time.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');