• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using # 80 frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using # 80 frequency

HI....

just wondering how often can i use # 80 when detailing...every month...every other month?? is it that gentle?

would i be better off using DC# 1 ...if i want to clean more often?

And, if i chose not to clean, could i just apply #7 polish/ or DC#2 and then NXT?

thanks....

Re: using # 80 frequency

Good question, in fact because this question sure seems to come up a lot, time to place it in the "Hot Topics" section.

Give me a second to find a reply to this we've already typed up once before and repost it.

The nutshell answer is,

Part of the aggressiveness or non-aggressiveness of any product depends upon how you apply it, that is your application material and your application process.

You can apply M80 aggressively with a wool cutting pad on a rotary buffer with a lot of pressure and it will be very aggressive, or you can apply M80 very gently by hand using a clean, soft foam applicator pad and it will be very non-aggressive.

It's more than just what the product is and can do.

In most cases, if you find yourself needing to use a cleaner/polish because you have a lot of swirls and scratches then instead of tackling the symptom it might be a good idea to look at the root cause of the problem and address that instead.

If you're just thinking about using a light cleaner/polish to perfectly prepare the surface for application of wax and you don't need a product with the ability to remove defects, (remove paint), then you could definitely use a light paint cleaner like Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or even a very light cleaner/polish, (lighter than M80), #9 Swirl Remover 2.0
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

How often can you #80/#83 in car lifetime?

Comment

Thanks Saleen! That's the one we were thinking of.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Glad to finally be able to HELP out!!!

People here are so knowledgable and FAST on the keyboards! I've been doing good just to be able to keep up with reading, let alone answering.

Comment

One day I'll buy a Saleen and etch out the last letter to say Saleem
            -Saleem
            07 Honda Accord... learning how to make it shine

Comment

You`re the man
              Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

thanks for all the help..

are # 82 and # 9 similar in cutting ability?

can either be used if stepping down in strength from #80?

thanks again..

Comment

Originally posted by jmanero123 View Post
                  thanks for all the help..

are # 82 and # 9 similar in cutting ability?

can either be used if stepping down in strength from #80?

thanks again..
                  I was gonna start a new thread on this but I have a similar question. Someone had said 82 and 9 were similar, that 82 was "improved"/newer tech.

#9 is billed as a Cleaner/Polish while #82 is sold as a polish w/ mild cleaning action. Is #82 a good finisher after #80 or claying?

Basically #82 vs. #9 (who wins/different uses?) thanks for the clarification
                  -Saleem

Comment

Originally posted by saleem View Post
                    I was gonna start a new thread on this but I have a similar question. Someone had said 82 and 9 were similar, that 82 was "improved"/newer tech.

#9 is billed as a Cleaner/Polish while #82 is sold as a polish w/ mild cleaning action. Is #82 a good finisher after #80 or claying?

Basically #82 vs. #9 (who wins/different uses?) thanks for the clarification

All the above is kind of fuzzy and confusing? Let us try to help remove the confusion.

M82 and M09 are similar in ability and aggressiveness. M09 was introduced in approximately 1987, so it's been around for quite a while and over the years it's been improved as technology becomes available.

M82 is part of the 80's series which was introduced in the early 90's, as a complete system which was technology borrowed from our experience with our OEM partners. M09 is part of the Professional line and has a strong following with great distribution into the Professional market; M82 is part of a complete line of products, (tools actually), for use in the refinishing industry that also has a strong following with great distribution into the Professional market.

Because of the popularity of M09 among enthusiasts and the fact that it is available in a 16 ounce bottle, it also has good distribution into the Retail market.

In a nutshell, they are both light cleaner/polishes, that is the category they belong in... "Cleaner/Polishes", they are part cleaner and part polish. They are dual action products, that is they offer two actions, they start out cleaning and then as the diminishing abrasives breakdown, the switch over to polishing, (creating gloss). All Meguiar's cleaner/polishes are dual action products, that is they offer you two actions.

The best thing to do is to not over-complicate this topic, they are similar products that are part of their own group in our Professional line and for this reason have their own popularity and distribution paths.

If you need a light cleaner/polish you choose either one and get the same or similar results. We would give M82 the edge when it comes to which offers the most cleaning ability, but it would be a sleight edge, thus most people would not see a visual difference after using either one of these products in their paint polishing system.

For some people the decision will come down to what's available at their local auto parts store or PBE store, or how much product do they need, a full quart, or only 16 ounces.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                      All the above is kind of fuzzy and confusing? Let us try to help remove the confusion.

For some people the decision will come down to what's available at their local auto parts store or PBE store, or how much product do they need, a full quart, or only 16 ounces.
                      Mike thanks again for your input. I'll probably just go with the #82 since I'll buy it online or direct from megs.

I'll be posting my intended starter inventory that i wanna buy... and i'll be posting my entry for the photoshop contest, please keep an eye out for both!
                      -Saleem

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');