• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

while using the G-100: #80 vs DC#1 and #7 vs DC#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• while using the G-100: #80 vs DC#1 and #7 vs DC#2

hi....

I'd like to understand, while using the G-100, the difference in cleaning ability between # 80 and DC#1...

And the polishing effect between #7 and DC#2...

Does #80 clean the paint as well as a pure cleaner such as DC#1?? I know #80 is more abrasive to remove scratches and swirls but what about actually getting the paint clean??

And will #7 produce similiar results as DC#2???

Just watched the How to use the PC DVD for second time...awesome...

thanks...

Re: while using the G-100: #80 vs DC#1 and #7 vs DC#2

#80 cleans the paint much better and DC1. This is due to the fact that the Pro series is designed to yield better results than the consumer line. Also, the abrasives in #80 help to clean the paint more than the mild abrasives in DC1.

#7 will produce a deeper and darker paint because of the oils that it containts. DC2 is very nice, but not as good as #7. Both products are similiar, but the Pro line always gives me better results.

I'm still confused about your defination of 'clean.' Do you want it to remove tar and other junk? If so, then a clay bar is a viable solution.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

thanks porshe guy...

i meant just lifting dirt, from IN the paint not on surface..

i forgot...on the recommend list from mike..for using #7.....he adv using 9006 between 2-4.....but i just read a thread where he mentioned using 8006 instead at 4 speed......which pad is correct to use?????

thanks

Comment

pretty much how you can think of it is if you have light to fine swirls the DC system can work.

but if not, stick with M80. you will not only get better results but M80 has enough oils in it that if you're strapped for time etc... you don't even have to do a pure polish after it.

Wash
        Clay
        M80
        #7 - IF YOU WANT
        Wax x 2

Comment

Originally posted by jmanero123 View Post
          thanks porshe guy...
          i forgot...on the recommend list from mike..for using #7.....he adv using 9006 between 2-4.....but i just read a thread where he mentioned using 8006 instead at 4 speed......which pad is correct to use?????
          Go with the 9006. It's the perfect choice for #7. Speed setting 3 on the PC.

Comment

I'm getting confused by a previous answer to a similar question I had posted here months ago ( see the last answer)

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

DC1 vs 80... #80 will do a much better job at cleaning the paint the DC1. This is because the diminshing abbrasives wil remove a VERY slight amount paint film, thus leaving behind a fresh, clean surface. The trade off is that DC1 is much milder then #80, while it doesn't do as an effective job as cleaning the paint, it does leave more paint on the vehicle. By PC, the amount of paint left removed by a mild polish such as #80 is so SMALL that you could use #80 via PC quite often for the life of your vehicle and barely remove enough paint to notice.

DC2 vs #7... DC2 is a very nice product that is easy to apply and remove and does an excellent job of bringing out the gloss in the paint. #7 uses higher quality oils and thus produces a marginally better shine at the expense of ease of use. #7 can be tricky to use correctly.

HOWEVER, #80 containes the same quality oils as #7, thus eliminating the need for an extra step. The higher quality oils leave a better surface then DC2, and one that is about equal with #7. So not only does #80 do a better job then DC1 at cleaning, but it does and equal job of #7 as polishing.

If you choose to apply #7 via PC, I would stick with a 9006 pad. You probably would be fine with an 8006 pad also, however the more aggresive nature of the pad could cause slight marring on softer paints. Thus, sticking with the softer, less aggresive 9006 pad reduces this risk while doing the job equally as well.
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

OG, I would define the similar products like this...

DC1 no pro equivlanet, as thier are no pro pure cleaners
                DC2 #7
                DC3 #26

However, number #80 in the pro line is a go to product which cleans better than DC1 and polishes as well, if not better then DC2. So you get better results out of one step (time is money for pros) then you do out of two steps in the conusmer line.

Top #80 with #26 and you have the pro version of the 3 step DC line approach, with better results in less time.
                Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by jmanero123 View Post

i forgot... on the recommend list from mike.. for using #7..... he adv using 9006 between 2-4.....but i just read a thread where he mentioned using 8006 instead at 4 speed......which pad is correct to use?????

thanks
                  When applying a pure polish, part of what you decide to do will come down to personal preference...

The W-9006 Foam Finishing Pad is softer and therefore much less aggressive in any regards to cleaning the paint as compared to our other two pads. The though process being that when you're aiming for a show car finish.. each step is done with the goal of creating the most beautiful finish possible and this means using products that enable you to work towards this goal.

That said, the human elements of personal preference will kick in sooner or later depending upon how many hours you invest of your time into the art of polishing paint and to that point some people will prefer to,
                  • Apply a pure polish by hand
                  • Apply a pure polish using a W-8006 Foam Polishing Pad

The biggest difference besides gentleness to the finish between applying any product with a W-9006 and a W-8006 pad is that because the W-9006 Finishing pad is softer, a characteristic of this type of foam is that it is more pliable or gushy, (when wet with product), and some people, after experiencing both types of foam will prefer the firmness of the W-8006 Polishing pad as compared to the W-9006 Finishing pad.

Personal Preference.

Is one better than the other for the job it's intended to do?

Theoretically "Yes" because the W-9006 finishing pad is softer and more gentle to the paint. Will anyone ever notice of see a visible difference? Probably not, at least not after you've finished with applying the pure polish and have applied and removed a wax.

Makes sense?
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

so where does #21 fit in ?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');