• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pc 7424

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc 7424

Is it possible to burn thru clear-coat with a PC? And how many times a year should I polish via PC?

Re: Pc 7424

Nope, unless you use a cutting pad and some agressive compound. Polishing with 80? I certainly wouldn't do it weekly, why would if you accomplished your paint correction. Besides 80 with the 8006 isnt too agressive. If you want to polish/clean more often go for #7, #6 or a cleaner wax you choose, topped with NXT.

Comment

I have a black Chevy and heard that GM Clear-coat is tough can you recommend a meguiars product to minimize swirling? via PC or hand..

Comment

First, I recommend the DVD by Mike Phillips "How To Use The PC for Showcar Results" $21.50 @ Coastaltool.Com, this will truly get you up to speed, gotta get it. Now, as Meguiars and everyone here will tell you, use the least agressive product to do a test spot before moving up. Have you tried ScratchX? I personally have tried that and even #2 fine cut cleaner by hand till my fingers stiffened and nothing. I'm waiting for my g100 to #80 my seemingly med to hard clear coat. If that doesnt do it for me I have #83 to assist me, and #80 to finish it. I hope it does the trick as I will live with the lessened swirls or jump to rotary. But if i wipe the swirls out with pc/80 then proper care will assure a swirlfree finish to where you would 80 a couple times a year, and use your pc to wax. I know some do pc/80 alot, but i dont see where this would be beneficial once youve paint corrected. But if you PCd before or not, get the DVD, its better than what i could say here :0)

Comment

Here Read This How Many Times To Polish

Comment

And this g100 info q&a

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');