• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PC making a Rakel noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC making a Rakel noise?

I just got my New PC about 1 hour ago so I decided to plug it in and see how it felt and stuff. When I turned it on it made this Rakel noise like theirs something loose inside of it. I unplugged it and gave a quick check , I noticed that the piece that holds the counterweight if a bit loose well not loose it just has a little give or take side to side and that's whats making the noise . I think its normal but not really sure .Can someone please help me one this one I'm dieing to use it but I don't want ruin my truck or use it the way it is cause if its messed up I don't want to make it worst.

Re: New PC making a Rakel noise?

got a g220/110?
    in my best english...
    the screw in the clamp maybe loose

Comment

I checked the screw but its fine. Is yours a bit noisy too ?

Comment

Are you putting pressure on the pad when you turn it on?
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

No I haven't used it with a pad or anything . I just plugged it in to see how it felt and that noise freaked me out . May I can turn it on through the phone so someone can hear it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jokeman View Post

Are you putting pressure on the pad when you turn it on?
            Great point.

Don't hold the thing in the air and turn it on and then think there's a problem as it will likely rattle.

Place the backing plate on the unit, then place a foam pad on the backing plate and then either hold the face of your hand against the face of the foam pad or place the face of the foam pad against something clean and then turn it on.

We've had at least one other post like this where this was the exact problem, that is the member was testing the polisher by holding it in the air and then turning it on.

Don't really do this --> (polishing the air)

Let us know...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by pocho69pr View Post
              No I haven't used it with a pad or anything . I just plugged it in to see how it felt and that noise freaked me out . May I can turn it on through the phone so someone can hear it?
              No need to do this, the PC will rattle when nothing is held against the face of the foam pad.

Read my above post and do what it says and then let us know what you experience.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

LOL Yeah I was Polishing the air. I put on the foam that came with the PC and when I applied pressure to my hand most of the noise did go away . Thank you very much for the quick replies. Ohh yeah one more can I use the white pad #54745 the PC came with ? I haven't received my new pads yet.

Comment

Forum consensus is they're junk as far as applying liquid chemicals with the goal of doing something beneficial to the paint.

Most people keep them for use with a bonnet to remove dried wax but you can give it go and make up you're own mind.

Glad to hear everything is normal with your polisher.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks Mike . I'll take your advise I'll leave it for a bonnet im not risking it. Polishing Air LOL

Comment

i had the same concern with my UDM when i first got it last year, makes a racket when polishing air..

Comment

Yeah I'm so glad I don't have to return the PC . Now I'm stuck here without the foam pads LOL . I hope they arrive tomorrow . Let see what problems I'll run into next ."so everybody stay tuned" LOL

Comment

Good luck when you pads arrive. Enjoy the pc.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');