• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What G100 pads do i need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What G100 pads do i need?

Just got the G100 and haven't used it yet but plan on it this weekend. I'm getting a used carbon fiber hood thats been collecting dust. what pads and polish do i need to properly clean and polish the hood and the rest of my car. By the way, my car is red if that helps. thanks.

Re: What G100 pads do i need?

Well from the picture is a Subaru Impreza WRX, red.

I would suggest getting some #80 Speed Glaze, this will remove the majority of the defects present in the paint. I know in my 06 Subaru Impreza it does a wonderful job

Get plenty of Meguiar's W8006 Polishing Pad to remove swirls, scratches and for applying wax then get Meguiar's W9006 Finishing Pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoefean24 View Post
      Just got the G100 and haven't used it yet but plan on it this weekend. I'm getting a used carbon fiber hood thats been collecting dust. what pads and polish do i need to properly clean and polish the hood and the rest of my car. By the way, my car is red if that helps. thanks.
      Like Yalerd posted, M80 is usually a good starting point and plenty of W-8006 polishing pads. As your pads become wet with product they will tend to not rotate as well and it's when the pad is rotating that is most effective at removing defects. As soon as you notice the current pad is not rotating very well slap on a new dry pad and you'll notice that the rotating ability returns again.

Just a note about color, you're car has a clear coat so the color doesn't really matter as you're not working on the color coat but on the clear coat. The goal when working on clear coated cars is to remove as many of the below surface defects as possible and to make the surface as smooth as possible. Claying and machine cleaning will do this for you. Then choose a quality wax to seal the paint and take your cleaning and polishing work to a higher level.

Some carbon fiber components have an automotive clear coat on them and some are straight resin. If the hood is oxidized and dull looking then it's probably straight resin with no clear coat. It will clean up very good with the M80 Speed Glaze.

Make sure you give this a good read through....

Tips & Techniques for using the G110, G100, G220 and the PC Dual Action Polisher
      (These are all similar tools)

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you Yalerd and mike for the info. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend when i de-virginize my G100.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');