• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC have enough power for countertop scratches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC have enough power for countertop scratches?

I have seen threads of people polishing countertops (as well as many other interesting things) and I was curious if it would be possible to use a PC to polish scratches out of a countertop? It would seem to me that it would be harder to polish scratches out of a countertop than paint, and I don't have a rotary so I was hoping someone with experience in this area could fill me in if my PC with M83 would be able to cut it? The scratches I'm hoping to remove are not deep enough to catch my fingernail. This is a countertop at my friend's house, if it was here at my place I'd just go ahead and try it!

Re: PC have enough power for countertop scratches?

Great question...

"You don't know what you can do until you try"

Do a test post to small area and then inspect your results. Be sure to update us as to what you find out...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing...I'm curious to see your results

Comment

yes....a pc will polish out a scratch in a countertop...provided its a solid surface (ie corian). the usual process is to begin by sanding with wet/dry paper or there is a special paper thats sold for the purpose of blending joints on solid surface material. the paper will attach to your pc backing blate with velcro just like your pads. after removing the scratch with paper.....buff it back to what ever sheen you need with ur megs an polishing pad.

Comment

What is the counter top made of?
          If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Here's a related thread from April of 2004 where the member is using a RB

Polishing Corian Counter Tops

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Strange that this topic came up at this time because we just had a corian counter top put in with a matching sink. Was wondering about using a rotary to remove any small scratches. I did give the wife some scratch-x for cleaning stains in the off-white sink. Works great.
              Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
              317-513-4678

Comment

Looks like I'll be giving it a go 2 Monday's from now. My friend does an internet radio show Monday nights and wants to get me on it to talk about my polishing right after I give it a try. I'll make sure to take pictures and let you know how it goes. I would do it sooner but I'm pretty busy with school...hang tight until 2 Monday's from now!! Plan of attack is going to be my PC with M83 on a 8006 pad, which is the most aggressive thing I've got. Else I can step it down to M80 if I need to, but I would think it's going to be tough enough that I will need M83. I'll admit I'm worried I won't be able to make a dent in the scratches w/ the PC...but like Mike says, won't know what u do until you try!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');