• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX not cutting it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX not cutting it

I know this question has been asked several times, but I am a new and dont know what the next step I should take. I know I should have taken pictures.

I own a Dark Purple 2007 Hyundai Azera, OEM Paint. It was used when I got it a couple of weeks ago and had Auto Car Wash swirls all over it. I washed, clayed, then I used my G100 on a setting of 5 with a W8006 foam polishing pad with ScratchX (Target had it on sale for $6). I went over the paint 3 times with very little noticable difference. Then used #7 with the G100 on setting of 3 with the W8006 pad, and then followed up with 2 coats of wax,G100 setting 3 with W9006 polishing pad, and you can still see the swirls. In Houston, Texas so the humidity is brutal. I was thinking to just take my time and hit it again in a month or two when the wax wears down naturally.

What is the next aggressive cleaner I should use? I will take any suggestions you experts are willing to give.

Re: ScratchX not cutting it

ScratchX is about as aggressive as M82 Swirl Free Polish.

If anyone were to read the entire forum for posts where people use M82 with a DA Polisher to remove swirls and scratches they would be hard pressed to find a handful of posts, the reason why is because M82 and it's similar product M09 are too gentle with a DA Polisher to remove a lot of paint quickly or easily. Note the picture on both bottles of #9 and #82 is of Mike Pennington using a rotary buffer, that's how these swirls are best removed with #9 and #82 and also as a part of a multi-step system.

How the above relates to ScratchX...
    ScratchX is not very aggressive, that's why you're not removing swirls from your car's paint. You need to try a a product from our Professional Line like our M80 Speed Glaze.

Now if you read the entire forum you would find a zillion threads where people successfully use M80 Speed Glaze with DA Polishers to remove swirls.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Will try the M80 next. I expected this reply from all the other threads on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaddox View Post
        Will try the M80 next. I expected this reply from all the other threads on the site.
        This might help you or anyone else reading this into the future!

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');