• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M83-nxt 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M83-nxt 2.0

This weekend i did a couple test spots on my focus with G100 and M83. Worked great got about 95% of the scratches out thanks to KERRINJEFF for his post (Amazing how easy M83 is to use with the right technique!) , I used a microfiber and some QD to take off any left over product and the surface was dry. Took a break put on a thin coat of NXT 2.0 and worked on some other stuff came back about 15 minutes did the swipe test it was wet so i figured its the weather (was alittle cold out) so figured just wait alittle bit more waited another 15 minutes came back same thing still wet. By this time my body is going crazy and sore from using the G100 only used it a couple times so im not used to it took about 1hr-1 1/2hr break then my wife wanted to leave so i had to take of the wax and it was still wet so i quit for the day.

What am i missing here also something and sorry if it was kind of long but wanted to git everything

Re: M83-nxt 2.0

If your layer of wax if thin then it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so for the wax to dry...

Are you using the liquid or the paste?

Hmm.... strange....
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

it was liquid i even thought it might be a heavy coat so i spread it out again and still was wet

Comment

If you're,

Shaking the product well before using
        Applying a thin coat

Then the layer of wax should dry in minutes, not hours.

The DA Polisher will lay down a very nice thin layer of wax when using a finishing pad on the 3-4 speed setting.

Try this to the hood and if the wax doesn't dry within 30 minutes max then call Customer Care and lets get you a new bottle of wax to try.

The only reasons it can take too long for a layer of wax to dry is too thick of a layer of wax or temperatures are too cold and humid.

Give the above test a try and then let us know how it goes...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike

I put the wax on by hand. I think it was just to cold out because ive used that bottle a couple times on the car it worked great just like it supposed to and i did nothing different this time and i did put on alot of wax on the first time ever used the product and it still dried within 20 min its a mystery to me i will try it when i git home and see what happens

Comment

Just my .02 cents worth but why not apply the 2.0 with the DA and a finishing pad? I find it alot easier to get the thinnest of coats this way. And much more even coats. You can get it so thin that it's barely visible. Have never had any drying or streaking issues when applied that way.
            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by Rando Cammando View Post
              This weekend i did a couple test spots on my focus with G100 and M83. Worked great got about 95% of the scratches out thanks to KERRINJEFF for his post (Amazing how easy M83 is to use with the right technique!) , I used a microfiber and some QD to take off any left over product and the surface was dry. Took a break put on a thin coat of NXT 2.0 and worked on some other stuff came back about 15 minutes did the swipe test it was wet so i figured its the weather (was alittle cold out) so figured just wait alittle bit more waited another 15 minutes came back same thing still wet. By this time my body is going crazy and sore from using the G100 only used it a couple times so im not used to it took about 1hr-1 1/2hr break then my wife wanted to leave so i had to take of the wax and it was still wet so i quit for the day.

What am i missing here also something and sorry if it was kind of long but wanted to git everything
              Glad you were able to learn from my headaches

I second the notion of using a finishing pad to apply the Nxt wax, it goes on really thin and dries quickly.

Comment

Thanks SVT and kerrinjeff. I plan on using the DA this weekend the only reason why i didnt this time was i had just finished my finals at school the night before

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');