• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My G110V2 Just **** The Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My G110V2 Just **** The Bed

So for the first time in months, I finally had some time tonight to clean up the car and attempt to do some work to get swirls and scratches out of my paint.

About an hour in using the cutting pad from microfiber system, the G110V2 just stopped working. At first, I thought the plug had come loose from the outlet or the unit had overheated, but that wasn't the case at all. After fiddling with it for a few minutes, it seems that the problem is where the cable meets the unit. If I applied HEAVY pressure on the cord and pushed it into the unit, it would fire back up, but only if I held the pressure.

I checked my receipts and it turns out I bought the G110V2 from Auto Detailing Solutions on 4/29/11, so my 1 year warranty ended last month.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do? I have used the unit maybe 4-5 times prior to this, I don't use it very often. The unit is never abused and is always stored properly in the Meguiars tote bag it came with. I'm devastated because not only can I not finish my detail tonight, but I'm out of a dual action now.

Re: My G110V2 Just **** The Bed

Not sure if the G has a brush cutoff, but I would pull the brushes out and check them out. If there worn enough allot of the new buffers have a cutoff that shuts the motor off to prevent damage. Also while your in there check the wires around the speed control and switch. I check for continuity make sure you don't have broken connection in there.

Comment

I just had this happen to mine last week, very easy to fix. All I had to do was remove the cover over the switch and speed control (one screw) and I could see and feel the area of the cord where the wire had failed. I undid the leads from the switch and shortened the cord by about 6 inches, put two new blade connectors and heat shrinks on the end, and put it all back together. Took longer to drive into town to get the connectors than it did to fix the cord.

Hope this helps.

Glenn.
      Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

What size are the connectors? So when this happens next time the warranty will have run out.

Comment

Just had this happen to me today while working on my car.....this is the 4th G110v2 it has happened to.........
          Tedrow's Detailing
          845-642-1698
          Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

i just received my new G110V2 last week, but I think I have the one with the improved power cord from ADS, I guess all of you guys have the earlier model?
            In anycase, I have a new GG6 as my backup DA.
            ADS has a special on the GG6 and 10% off for Memorial day....maybe I should get another GG6? Pretty tempting...
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

They are for 18-22 ga wire, the blade size is .110f. I had some of the larger blade size connectors in my kit which would have worked, but of course was out of the small ones i needed Of course the first store I went to didn't have them, but the second did. Might not be a bad idea to keep a couple extra in the bag with my G110.
              Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

One year warranty blows ... GG6 is covered by a lifetime and is $20 cheaper?! Yeah kicking myself in the backside on this one.

Comment

I had the same problem as all of you described and i called customer support at Meguiar's and after waiting 2 months because of back order they sent me a new one. The cord short out at the handle was same problem I had . I just hope this one has that quality issued fixed. I bought this model because a friend has this model for several years with no problems. I had used the old unit only 4-5 times.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');