• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied NO.80 Speed Glaze N product won't come off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied NO.80 Speed Glaze N product won't come off

Hello all,

I just tried to use my G-100 with No.80 Speed Glaze on a test spot on my car. The problem is that there are certain areas on the panel where the No.80 wont buff off. In sticks to the panel and causes a hazy look. I had tried to spray some Quick Detailer to assit in romoving it, but it does not work. Only way i could remove it was by hand using a light polish. Some parts of the panel buffs of with no problem.

Is there something wrong with my paint or my technique?

Thanks you.

How warm was it when you were using this product?

M80 has to be one of the easiest products to use is why I ask...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Applied NO.80 Speed Glaze N product won't come off

Originally posted by prince_ramses
      Hello all,

I just tried to use my G-100 with No.80 Speed Glaze on a test spot on my car. The problem is that there are certain areas on the panel where the No.80 wont buff off. In sticks to the panel and causes a hazy look. I had tried to spray some Quick Detailer to assit in romoving it, but it does not work. Only way i could remove it was by hand using a light polish. Some parts of the panel buffs of with no problem.

Is there something wrong with my paint or my technique?

Thanks you.
      I agree with Mike, its very easy to use?

I have not had problems with it at all but did you let the product dry? Some products if you let them dry the become very hard to remove (#81 for example). In the case of #81 I hit the haze spot again with some #81 and the remove.

Just a thought.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hello Mike and the rest of the gang,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with that No. 80 was very easy to use the last time i detailed my first car. Had no problems with removal and etc...

However this time, i was surprised. Back to your question Mike, air temperature was 36 deg C and surface was probably 25 to 28 deg C.

Thanks

P.

Comment

So with the #80 you don't let it dry after you apply it to a panel you should remove it befor going on to a new section?
          2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Comment

Hi Silence,

I polish and wipe off each panel before moving on. As i mentioned earlier, its strange that on the same panel, some areas buff of easily while and some just wont come off.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
              So with the #80 you don't let it dry after you apply it to a panel you should remove it before going on to a new section?
              In the Meguiar's line, the only products you let dry are our waxes, everything else should be removed after it has been applied and worked in. After you have applied a compound, paint cleaner, cleaner/polish or pure polish, and worked the product against the finish or into the finish, after that there is no other benefit to letting the product sit on the surface any longer or letting it dry.

Some people prefer to apply and remove products section by section or panel by panel and some people will apply a product to the entire car before removing. Which method you prefer is up to you and in part your skill level. Some products remove easier if they are removed before they dry, if you apply a product to the entire car before removing, it's very likely that before you remove all the product some areas will have dried. If you want to be safe and insure removal is as easy as can be, then remove your products as you move around the car either section by section or panel by panel.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

I kinda got worried after that experince and decided to send it to a profersional detailer.

He did the full works on the car:-
                1) Diamond Cut
                2) DACP
                3) Speed Glaze
                4) NXT

Guess what, the same thing happened. He had no problems with applying and removing Diamond Cut and DACP, but when he came to Speed Glaza, it would not come off.

He was also just dumb founded. The product just stuck in patches on my car. He said that there something wrong with my clearcoat. It seems to bond with the Speed Glaze, and not the other stuff. Why Speed Glaze, he's not sure.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

P.

Comment

Here's a couple of ideas...

1. If he used your bottle of Speed Glaze, the possible it's the product in that bottle.

2. If he used his own bottle of Speed Glaze, then it sounds like it's specific to the paint on your car.

Just so you know, the second idea is just so unlikely as Speed Glaze is one of the easiest products to use and especially to remove.

The only other ideas I have are temperature and humidity related or overuse of product. I will ask Tom McDonald and Mike Pennington to read this and ask for their thoughts.

Definitely an unusual problem that is the exception, not the norm.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I agree with Mike on why this may be occuring. If the bottle was the same one you had used, it would be a combination of product and paint causing it. If it was just product you this would be happening on the entire car. If it was his own bottle then the paint has something happening causing this problem. Has the car ever been repainted?

~Tom

Comment

Dear Mike and Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.

First, the detailer and I both used our own No.80, so i don't think its a problem with the product.

I think we can all agree that Speed Glaze is one of the most user friendly product. So I think its a problem with the paint. But what's wrong with it?

I don't think the car has been resprayed by the previous owner. The detailer measure the paint thickness, was about around 3.9 to 4.5 mils on average. But i could be wrong.

If the car was resprayed, what could cause a problem like this? Or could it be that the intergrity of original clearcoat has diminished thus causing the problem.

Comment

"The detailer measure the paint thickness, was about around 3.9 to 4.5 mils on average. But i could be wrong."

How do you do that?

Comment

Hey Dave,

You need to use an Electronic Thickness Gauge to measure the paint's thickness.

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I could probably do with one of them to make sure im not polishing too much!!

Thanks 2hotford

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');