• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i need power converter for my Dual action polisher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pardon my ignorance, but do you have to go to all the trouble of replacing the PC plug?

Looks like it would be easier to just buy a step down tranformer that accepted the 110 plug that came attached to the PC.
    r. b.

Comment

Yes is that what I thought. But the UK members can find that trasformer with that specific plug. I guess that is another way of selling you extra stuffs. So far I found a lot of info that I need to process. Stay tunned.
      Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

at last i got my transformer ... life's good

Comment

Voltage

I noticed that the transformer you have puts out 127v when you really need 110v. I`m not sure how the higher voltage will effect your PC, It may make it run at a higher speed than normal so i would take care.
          It might not do it much good in the long run as well.
          I looked at the Manumag website and they make one that does 110v
          Have a look at website here

Comment

according to the user's manual that came with the PC it says :

MODEL 7427
            RANDOM ORBITALE POLISHER
            120V AC 3.7A 2500-6000 OPM
            DOUBLE INSULATED

so i guess there is not much difference bettwen 120v=127v....

not sure though

Comment

i took picture for the sticker on my pc

Comment

SSPOWER,
                Good to see that life is good now
                I am still working on the research behind the scene.
                Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!

Comment

AC power is going to fluctuate some, I wouldn't worry about a 7 volt difference.
                  r. b.

Comment

Motor burnout?

Hi guys!

I'm currently residing in Singapore and I was told by my local dealer that they do not ship in the G100A dual action polisher as the polisher was only made to be used at 110v.

Singapore uses 240v and according to my dealer, he says the motor will have the tendency to burn out after prolonged usage.

Is this true?

Is there any way I can get my hands on using the G100A dual action polisher cuz I've just heard so many rave reviews about it!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All

Here are a few photos of the Transformer that I use with my PC7424 in the UK to convert from 110v to 240v. I have had no problems at all with over heating etc. Hope there useful.

Rob

Comment

i use one of these.. no need to cut plugs off or anything, just be sure to match the wattage of the unit to the pc

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');