• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering a G-100, but need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering a G-100, but need some tips

Hey folks,
    I am ready to go the DA Route and order up the G-100. I have a 2 month old White Honda Ridgeline that I have been doing a great job by hand using the NXT line. But, I am finding that the NXT TECH WAX, even though I love it, is somewhat of a high maintenance wax. If you want to keep the "POP", you have to do a good job of keeping on top of it. Which I don't mind too much but am sure the DA will make the job a tad easier and may even improve the results just a tad. Hope so anyway.

Anyway, My plan is to do up the wash>clay>clean>polish> wax thing. To date, I have nothing wrong with the paint other than some very light towel marks and some very minor/faint scratches from where I debadged the things and rubbed a little too hard to remove the wax. I am sure it will come out via the normal 5 step process without much extra effort.

Keep in mind this is a new "white" daily driver, ungaraged and sits in the sun the best part of the day. I live in Southern MD so heat and humidity are a factor as well as salt conditions. Salt on the roads as well as in the air. The finish at this point is excellent. I don't even think I have a waterspot on it.

My goal is not so much to have this thing as showroom quality but having the nicest "white", ungaraged vehicle in the zipcode is the goal for me. I think I am already there but just looking expend a tad less elbow grease in getting there.

What I am looking for is some input regarding me switching over from doing things entirely by hand to doing as much as possible with the DA.

I'd like to be able to remove old wax, clean, polish and wax entirely with the DA and want to get started on the right foot by making sure I have the right selection of pads/bonnets backings etc as well as the right products to go along with these. I don't have any problem switching over entirely to the detailer line to support this and saving my NXT "handjob" stuff for those times when I might have a few minutes to kill and don't have the DA with me.

So any input on which pads/bonnets etc i should look at as well as which products to go along with it would be greatly appreciated. Also which products out of the detailer line would be recommended. I wantto swtich to the detailer line not so much because I expect a higher quality but the quantity of the products look like they should last a bit longer, especially considering my switch to the DA.

Anyway, hope you folks can kick out some input as I am looking forward to saving a tab bit of elbow grease here. I think Meg's should sell elbow grease by the 55 Gal Drum.
    Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Bump
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

j333_76484

Drop into your other thread here:

I posted some info should hlep out.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');