• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Are there any pictures showing swirls etc at various stages i.e. some that could be removed using #80 and then some that could not be removed with #80 but could be with #83.............just curious?

Thanks
    Bryan

Comment

Okay, so I've got my PC DA and the products below to tackle the car wash induced scratches.

#9 Swirl Remover 2.0
      #82 Swirl Free Polish
      #80 Speed Glaze
      #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish

I figured I would start with the #82 because it's a 2002 Corvette and the paint is quite hard. Well the #82 isn't touching it so I move on to the #80. It helps but still quite a bit of scratches. I was extremely hesistant to use the #83 because I am by no means a professional detailer. But I've got some experience with a DA and haven't messed anything up yet. So I give it a try. I set the DA on '5' and use the 8006 pad. First application I applied very little pressure. After wiping it off I can see a difinite improvement but still some scratches. So I give it another application this time being a little more aggressive. This managed to get rid of about 95% of the scratches. My question is would it be safe to do another application being a little more aggressive or should I seek professional help in the form of a rotary?

Sorry but I didn't take any pictures. It was a horrible overcast day and the lighting was bad.

Thanks, any input/insight appreciated.

Mark
      You don't have to go fast to look cool in a Corvette!

Before pitcures of my Porsche

After pictures, while it was parked

Comment

Originally posted by Blr123
        Hi All,

Are there any pictures showing swirls etc at various stages i.e. some that could be removed using #80 and then some that could not be removed with #80 but could be with #83.............just curious?

Thanks
        Bryan

Actually, many of the before and after pictures of the cars we demonstrate show what your asking. That is we do a side by hand with scratchX and a side with M80 and then pull the car out into the sun to show the results, Always, both side are dramatically improved with the M80 Speed Glaze side looking the best.

There are sometimes swirls left over on both sides and these are the deeper swirls that didn't come out but probably could with either more applications of the same product, or by substituting a more aggresssive product.

Here's an example in the Detail Days at Meguiar's forum... check out page three of this thread...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by ratcals
          My question is would it be safe to do another application being a little more aggressive or should I seek professional help in the form of a rotary?
          Try another application, don't get more aggressive in your pressure, just do like you did before. For you last passes reduce your pressure and do some final/finesse polishing.

Remove any left over residue and then apply the M80 speed Glaze and work the area with it. Again, for your final passes reduce your pressure and make some final/finesse passes.

Stop, inspect go to wax.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks Mike...............that's exactly the information I was after................perfect

Now I just have to remember where it is eh

Thanks
            Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

There are sometimes swirls left over on both sides and these are the deeper swirls that didn't come out but probably could with either more applications of the same product, or by substituting a more aggresssive product.
              Thanks for the advice. I've reapplied the #83, #80 and did see an improvement but there are still a couple of troublesome scratches. How many times can I apply #83 before I have to worry about depleting the clear coat finish or is this even an issue? I assume it is because to remove a scratch you gotta remove some paint (clear coat) right?

One last thing, why in the world did you guys make #83 smell so good? I LOVE the smell of it, I'm only about two applications away from tasting it. Is anybody else groovin' on the smell? I'll bet it spreads quite nicely on toast- brilliant.
              You don't have to go fast to look cool in a Corvette!

Before pitcures of my Porsche

After pictures, while it was parked

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've reapplied the #83, #80 and did see an improvement but there are still a couple of troublesome scratches. How many times can I apply #83 before I have to worry about depleting the clear coat finish or is this even an issue? I assume it is because to remove a scratch you gotta remove some paint (clear coat) right?

One last thing, why in the world did you guys make #83 smell so good? I LOVE the smell of it, I'm only about two applications away from tasting it. Is anybody else groovin' on the smell? I'll bet it spreads quite nicely on toast- brilliant.
                Hehe, I am that way about #7. Not because of the smell but because of what it does and it's ease of use.

OK Mike, FOOD for thought here. Call Product Development fast. We need edible products. That's it, call it Lunch & Wax. Dang, I am a genious. I am retiring and going into the business.
                Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Here's the deal, you need to decide your level of expectation, balanced against reality.

It's okay to want a perfect finish. If this is a daily driver, reality is it will probably get more scratches in the future. So as you have figured out, you can't keep on removing scratches forever.

You can balance this desire and expectations for a flawless finish with the fact that you're probably the type of person that will be very cognizant of your car and take very good care of it after polishing it to perfection.

Anyway, if the above describes you, the continue trying to remove all the scratches that remain as long as they are not noticeably too deep and then go on to the polishing and waxing steps.

There are times when you will need to learn to live with some scratches if for no other reason because their location makes it difficult to remove them completely.
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');