• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning on getting a rotary - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning on getting a rotary - need help

Doing some research before eventually getting one of my own. Since these machines are extremely expensive it seems i have to get one from the us and ship it over to norway (prices for a makita for instance are around 1100$+ (thats us dollars). Therefore im planning on upgrading my 220v to 110v inverter from a 750w to a 1500w. This should suffice right?

Then theres the question, what machine to buy? Since i cant exactly return it to the shop if it fails i need a solid one.

So, DeWalt, Makita, Hitachi or Portercable? Are there any difference at all? All these can be used with the megs pads right?

And finally, what shops online have the best prices/service when selling these items?

Thanks for any input

Im also looking for a quality rotary. I see we both are from Norway and I can share with you my thoughts on this subject.

I have a "cheap" rotary already and I have used it several times with great results. I use meguiars pads though. The machine Ive got is a Best tools rotary 900w. Ive done wetsanding with 2000 grit, and then the rotary with M84 and W7000 pad, followed up with M82 and W8000 pad to remove the swirls. It worked great and I got a mirror finish.

I see you already use an inverter for your G100, do you know how much a 1500w inverter costs? I have a friend that gets discounts on the makita 230V machine, and the price I got was 3500 NOK. Ive also seen the Makita 230V machine on ebay.de for around 200
    Euro.

But if the 1500w inverter isnt too expensive Ill might get a 110V Makita.

//Tom

Comment

$1100 wow that's expensive..........you can get a Makita for £160 ($240) here in the UK and it's 240volts.

The popular ones, again here in the UK, are the Makita 9227CB and the Metabo PE12-175, the Metabo is around the £180 mark.

If you have any problems drop me a PM

Bryan

Comment

Hello!

I live in Sweden and I am using a AEG PE 150 (230V, 150mm and 1200W) with megs 6,5" pads. I payed 2300 SEK (~300$) for my AEG.

There are some cheaper models here aswell, I think the prices start at about 500 SEK... but I guess the quality isn't so great on those.

Did you import your G100 yourself?
        Last edited by hjarta; Aug 12, 2006, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');