• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contoured Panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contoured Panels?

I know I know lots of questions lately I'm just eager to learn though.

Anyway, What do you guys do on vehicles like let's say a C5 Corvette where the hoods are very wavy or the WS6 Trans Am Ram Air hood is very wavy as well

well I haven't done a corvette yet, but I've worked on a trans am (not the way wavy one on the hood though).

however, whenever you're working on wavy hoods or panels, the best things to do are to tape off any moldings or plastics that are in the hodd. this will save you LOTS of time, because if product splatters or slings through any of these vents (especially the trans am ones), you'll take a lot of time to clean that up

and another thing is to keep the rotary buffer moving and lightening up the pressure on the edges to keep yourself on the safe side of not removing all the clear. this is because the paint film is usually thinner on edges and sharp endings.

I've always worked with 3M foam polishing pads and the round edge ones from 3M too. I find them very useful because you can work contoured surfaces with an additional ease

hope this helps
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');