• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

odd result while using uc and rotary buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd result while using uc and rotary buffer

I used uc on the wife's car today and while it came up really well in the time frame (80-90% of swirls removed) the compound kept "caking" in parts leaving me to wipe hard by hand. I tried different speeds and also lubeing up the pad with quick detailer. Any ideas why this happened?

Re: odd result while using uc and rotary buffer

Sounds like symptoms that are as a result of too much product being used, try a bit less product next time and be sure to clean your pads often.

Also, it should be noted that UC is intended for use by hand or DA, not rotary so you could potentially be handicapping yourself here with erratic product behavior. You may also want to consider a Meguiar's compound/polish intended for rotary use such as M105 (Ultra Cut Compound), M205 (Ultra Finishing Polish), M86 (So1o), or the European-only M101 (Foam Cut Compound) for best results with the machine you are using.

Comment

I didn't know it wasn't to be used with a rotary,I'll bare that in mind in future anyway thanks for your help. It's still a great product, actually couldn't believe how well it turned out but then again it is Meguiars

Comment

Re: odd result while using uc and rotary buffer

ive had that problem as well when using it with rotary
        but now i have portercable (DA) i dont see any problem with UC at all after it breaks down wipes very easy and does not dry

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');