• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you clean your applicator pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you clean your applicator pads?

Originally posted by Andy's Pro Detailing View Post
    I just throw them in the washer with some tide, then I put them in the dryer. The come out %100 clean. They are certainly very convenient.
    Same way for me. So far it works great.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

So let me see if I got this right. So far, I've been using the Cold/Cold cycle with some laundry detergent.

But I should be able to do Hot/Cold cycled and use dishwasher stuff like Dawn? Then I dry them on low in the dryer. Is dishwasher soap better for cleaning than laundry?

I'm lazy so I like using machines.

Comment

For all my pads, buffer and foam hand applicator pads, I use pinnacle polishing pad cleaner. Came with the kit I got for xmas. And did the bogo at autogeek when they had it for that.

spray it on, let it sit for a while, then use a brush and warm water in the sink. May spray some power dissolver on there too
        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
        2005 Honda CRF250R
        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I guess I've never had the problem of things drying on my pads... I wash them after every use while they're still wet. :/

Comment

Fill sink with hot water. Squirt in a couple of squeezes of dish soap. Throw pads in sink and go watch TV. Half an hour later grab the pads and work the soapy water through them. About one minute each pad. Empty sink, refill with hot water and work the clean water through the pads until no more dirty water comes out. Then squeeze them dry and put them on a dry towel for a day, turning them over once. Then put them away. Some of my pads are six years old and still look and work like new. I wouldn't ever put them in a clothes dryer. The dry heat will break down foam over time.

Comment

I just rinse and then put them in the washing machine....my wife loves me for it too....lol.
              RG Curtis
              U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyCorbo View Post
                After you are finished with your applicator pad how do you clean it off the left over product?

Thanks in advance,
                Anthony
                hi there,wet the applicators with warm water.Apply some soap(stuff that is used to wash your t-shirts),rub sponges together to get rid of the heavy stuff(should come clean).Fill up bucket with warm water and cap of same soap.put the lot in.even your microfibres and leave for a couple of hours.Rinse thoroughly and thats you....!

Comment

in my case, any detergent and water can bring the nice yellow color back

Comment

Most of my applicator pads are hand washed in the sink with a little Dawn. Occasionally when I've used several that day, they'll get tossed into the washer but the foam pads are allowed to air dry.

Comment

I soak mine in Dawn+water over night, wring them out in the morning and thoroughly rinse them in hot water.
                      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                      Calais Auto Detailing
                      CalaisDetails@aim.com
                      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

This might sound crazy to some, but after I dawn wash the pads, I dry it as much as possible. But there's still always water left in there.

Then I put it on the PC, set the speed to 5 and turn it on for a few seconds. Then I let it air dry.

I find that it gets fully dry in only 2-3 hour versus overnight like I used to do.

And so far, no ill effect on the pad and it works just like they would normally do.
                        2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
                        2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

My two cents.

If you want them extra clean then spray them with Shout detergent and work the product in before washing. This works really well on microfiber pads, microfiber towels, cotton towels, etc.
                          r. b.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');