• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to remove scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trying to remove scratches

Well, OK, I guess I'll hold judgment on Ultimate compound until I get a replacement bottle.

The QC issue has me a bit concerned. What other products may not be properly batched? I have four Meguire products, two that I bought a while back that I never got around to using (I did try the glaze recently, but being as I put it on top of the UC surface, I'm not sure if I'm seeing any results pro or con from it).

Does this stuff go bad over time? I'm primarily concerned about a bottle of High Tech Yellow Wax #26 I bought a few years back. I'd like to think I can depend on it to do it's job. Oddly enough it has no batch number anywhere on the bottle. The others are:
    Swirl-X - M81918434
    Ultimate Compound - L81728297
    Glaze #7 - C5143TBMM
    Other than the Ultimate Compound, has anyone reported problems with those other batch numbers?
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vidrazor View Post

Does this stuff go bad over time?
      Meguiar's products have a shelf life of 3-5 years as long as they are not exposed to extreme heat or freezing temperature.

You'll be hard pressed to find a company that has been around as long as Meguiar's that has products on the market dating back over a hundred years.

I have a pretty good size collection of the antique products and most of my antique products still work as good as the day the were made, in fact recently I took a collection of antique products and products right out of the laboratory and used them on a car.

Check it out here,

MGH-4 Hand Cleaner - Still Good After All These Years!

Over the weekend I used a bottle of MGH-4 Hand Cleaner that is Post WWII and probably from between 1950 and 1960 to remove stains from antique lacquer paint on a 1938 Packard Model 1603

Lots of people will join our forum and ask the question,

What's the shelf life of Meguiar's products?

The official answer is 3-5 years as long as the product hasn't frozen. That said, if the product has never frozen it's possible you can shake it up and if it still has a uniform appearance and consistency it's probably perfectly fine to use. Such is the case for this old glass bottle of MGH-4

Here a few pics...

A protective plastic wrap was placed on the paint to protect it while the car was transported from the East Coast to Palm Springs, California. After the plastic wrap was removed it was discovered that the paint had been mottled or stained after moisture got underneath the plastic.

Before

Cropped out close-up from the same shot above...

From the front of the roof

"You never know what you can do until you try"

I have not heard internally of any other formula problems besides a few issues with Ultimate Compound.

Again, Meguiar's has the best customer support and we're very, very, very pro-active on any quality issues that do arise, so don't get to scared of hypothetical problems that don't exist, at least not yet.

Shake the product up and if it has a uniform look and consistency and you know that while the products been in your possession it has not frozen or cooked in the sun, then it's probably okay to use.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well OK, good to know. I figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Once I'm done treating all the surfaces, I want to put the yellow wax #26 on it and I wanted to be sure the product can effectively protect the surfaces it goes on.

BTW, I know it's not desirable, but that plastic wrap pattern on that car looked kinda cool.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');