• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Winn
    replied
    Re: Using Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Originally posted by rqk View Post
    1. Will it ever be available in pump form (thinking it would be more cost effective that way if possible?)

2. Is there anything it shouldn't be applied to? I am thinking of the typical issue of wax turning rubber white/hazy.
    I don't forsee it being available in a different form. This product is designed & recommended for use on paint, so it is not recommended to get it onto surfaces other than paint, but with that being said, I have applied it to various smooth & glossy trim with no issues.

Originally posted by BTLew81 View Post
    can it be maintained with D156?
    Absolutely. Just like you would with our traditional liquid & paste waxes, you can maintain with any of our Spray Waxes like D156 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, Ultimate Quik Wax, etc.

Leave a comment:

• The Guz
    replied

Originally posted by rqk View Post
    1. Will it ever be available in pump form (thinking it would be more cost effective that way if possible?)

2. Is there anything it shouldn't be applied to? I am thinking of the typical issue of wax turning rubber white/hazy.
    I tried it on trim and didn't see any issue. I applied and wipe off just as if it was applied on paint. Darkened the trim ever so slightly.

Also I used very little using it on a midsize sedan.

Leave a comment:

• BTLew81
    replied

can it be maintained with D156?

Leave a comment:

• rqk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• drumdan
    replied

Very nice!

I love the simplicity of products like this. Definitely a time saver.

Leave a comment:

• greg0303
    replied

Thank you very much, Nick.

I will be definitely getting Ultimate Fast Finish.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    replied

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
    Great article Nick. Was fast finish the only product applied to this Audi? What prep work was involved? The reason I ask is because that is some great reflection and gloss on the Audi.
    Thank you sir! Confirmed it was prepped w/ M100 Pro Speed Compound on DMC5 DA Microfiber Cutting Disc followed by M205 on DFP5 Soft Buff Yellow Foam Polishing Disc, then Ultimate Paste Wax, all applied with our MT300 Dual Action Polisher. I agree on the reflections! They were actually making it difficult to capture the pictures we wanted because of the reflections.

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
    This article really gives some more important details about Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just a quick question.
    Would it be preferred way to use Ultimate Fast Finish as a first/base protection product, and then optionally apply another wax/sealant on top, because of its longest protection period offered ? Or is it better to use it to lock some other wax/sealant, by topping it with UFF ?
    Hi Greg,

Overall we recommend using Ultimate Fast Finish by itself in place of your wax, or as your final Last Step Product (LSP), topping your favorite liquid or paste wax, to lock in the benefits of your favorite liquid or paste wax which was applied. But yes! A third way if you prefer, Ultimate Fast Finish can be applied, allowed to cure, and then followed with your favorite liquid or paste wax.

Hope this helps! - Nick

Leave a comment:

• RDVT4ME
    replied

How does this compare/contrast to PP365?

Leave a comment:

• greg0303
    replied

This article really gives some more important details about Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just a quick question.
    Would it be preferred way to use Ultimate Fast Finish as a first/base protection product, and then optionally apply another wax/sealant on top, because of its longest protection period offered ? Or is it better to use it to lock some other wax/sealant, by topping it with UFF ?

Leave a comment:

• The Guz
    replied

Great article Nick. Was fast finish the only product applied to this Audi? What prep work was involved? The reason I ask is because that is some great reflection and gloss on the Audi.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    started a topic Using Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish

Ultimate Fast Finish is now Meguiar's most advanced synthetic polymer protection offered. Not only is Ultimate Fast Finish Meguiar's top tier protection offering, it is also the quickest & easiest way to apply protection to your vehicle with it's no buffing, aerosol application!

Here are some of the highlighted features from the product introduction thread
    Features:
    • Meguiar's most advanced paint protecting formula
    • Technologically advanced, innovative, synthetic polymer coating provides relentless water beading protection wash after wash*
    • Protects for a full year!*
    • Meguiar's fastest & easiest way to protect a paint finish, simply spray on & wipe off
    • Use by itself or even on top of wax to extend protection.
    • *Lab tested durability over 100 wash cycles using a pH balanced car wash

Details:
    • Part#: G18309
    • MSRP $17.99 USD
    • Size: 8.5 oz aerosol
    • Includes Microfiber Towel
    Ultimate Fast Finish can be used a couple different ways depending on your goals & preference:

1) Ultimate Fast Finish can be used in place of your wax, because after all, it provides synthetic, polymer protection The trade-off is that you may not achieve the level of darkness, reflectivity, and depth of gloss that comes from either a true carnauba or synthetic wax product. Some examples of application may be to:
    Basic wash & protect: Wash, Clay if needed, apply Ultimate Fast Finish
    Show Car Detail: Wash, Clay if needed, Ultimate Compound if needed, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Fast Finish

2) Ultimate Fast Finish can also be used in addition to your favorite Meguiar's Liquid or Paste Wax as a last step product (LSP) to lock in darkness, reflectivity & depth of gloss. In fact, if you are looking to get maximum gloss & maximum protection, Meguiar's recommends applying your favorite liquid or paste wax first, and then applying Ultimate Fast Finish as your final step. For best results wait a full 12 - 24 hours after applying your favorite liquid or paste wax before applying Ultimate Fast Finish.

Finally, regardless of which approach you choose, it is recommended to maintain the finish with your favorite Meguiar's Detailer. Ultimate Fast Finish has been formulated with complimentary chemistry to all Meguiar's Detailers, insuring there's no degradation in the protection or performance of Ultimate Fast Finish.

Just like you would do before applying a traditional liquid or paste wax, either wash the vehicle or use a spray detailer like Meguiar's Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe to ensure the surface is free of loose contaminants. If needed, clay your vehicle with Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit to remove any above surface contaminants or use our Ultimate Compound to remove any swirls, scratches, or stains.

Today we were applying Ultimate Fast Finish on this Audi R8:

Spray a small amount directly onto the included black Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel then spread the product over a small section of the vehicle at a time, i.e. half the hood. Product does not need to dry. Flip to the dry side of the microfiber towel for final wipe to ensure even coverage, and your done!

Thanks!

- Nick
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');