• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars and other products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars and other products

So I was talking to this older guy and he was telling me that i knew nothing about buffing cause he was a 3m salesman and every maguiars buffing compounds had glosseners in them to make the car look pretty. So is this true?!?!

Re: Maguiars and other products

Sorry I do not know the answer to that.
    But 3M did acquire Meguiars
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Re: Meguiars and other products

Is that a bad thing?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by wgeorgio View Post
        So I was talking to this older guy and he was telling me that i knew nothing about buffing cause he was a 3m salesman and every maguiars buffing compounds had glosseners in them to make the car look pretty. So is this true?!?!
        Stupid me!
        Here I thought making the car look pretty was part of the reason for what I was doing.
        So if I use 3M products, will I be able to make my car look ugly?

Hey, I'm not taking a shot at 3M, just that particular salesman(?).
        Charles
        The Rainmaker

Comment

What are "glosseners"?
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

I would assume "glosseners" are the same as polishing oils....
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

"Glosseners..." Now there's a word to add to the detailing dictionary. Maybe he was referring to fillers?

It seems odd that the salesman was making this remark. Afterall, 3M owns Meguiar's, so it's a pretty poor statement to make.

The salesman should have also mentioned that 3M Ultrafina contains a durable filler.....
              Chris
              Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Originally posted by wgeorgio View Post
                Meguiar's is the correct spelling, you can check this by looking at the logo at the top right hand corner of each page or on the bottle of any of our products.

Best thing to do is to choose the right product for the job and test it out for yourself. If you like how it works, continue to use it and share it with your friends. If you don't like how it works, maybe check to see if it's the right product for the job and if you're using the right technique for the job you're trying to do.

If all else fails, take the product with your receipt to the place of purchase and take advantage of the satisfaction guarantee.

What are you working on?

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I detail many cars but I told him I used mainly M3(machine glaze) compound if there isn't any deep scratches. Than he went on about how 3m rocks and I should only use there products. I never knew Meguiars(did i spell it right this time) was owned by 3m though that's interesting. For those who didn't know what glosseners were ahh yeah me niether I just nodded and went on.

Comment

The salesman sounds like a glossener for 3m and his paycheck

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');