• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shampoo sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo sheets

One of the goodies I got at my Day at Meguiars was a shampoo sample. It was a sheet of exactly the correct amount that disolved in the bucket.

I love it!

I would rather buy a box of those sheets than have a bottle of stuff. Bottles drop and split and spill.

I would love to buy a box of "shampoo sheets".
    It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

are u talking about quick wash strips? in a blue zip lock packet? if so, making gold class and nxt wash strips would be a great idea.

Comment

Re: Shampoo sheets

This is actually perfect if you every do road trips and want to keep your car clean. Since space is usually at a premium, these work great. Another tip for road trips is a kittly litter bucket. Those rectangular plastic buckets can store all kinds of stuff, and then hold water for your soap sheets when you are ready to wash.

Richard

Originally posted by Godiva
      One of the goodies I got at my Day at Meguiars was a shampoo sample. It was a sheet of exactly the correct amount that disolved in the bucket.

I love it!

I would rather buy a box of those sheets than have a bottle of stuff. Bottles drop and split and spill.

I would love to buy a box of "shampoo sheets".
      Richard Lin
      ShowCarDetailing
      5548 E. La Palma Ave
      Anaheim, CA 92807
      toll free: 866 707 9292

Comment

Hmmm....I was trying to provide a link to the Quick Suds car wash strips so you could buy some...but they don't seem to be in the store now...although I did find this thread which has a link.

Comment

The idea was good, but people didn't take to it...

E-mail is still down so I can't inquire about this product to the product manager for it.

While the idea was good, here is some feedback I've received from folks that have attended our classes...

One sheet should treat 4-5 gallons as serious enthusiasts tend to use a 5-gallon bucket and not a gallon of water. The problem then is that each sheet was formulated for one gallon of water and technically would have to throw in 4-5 sheets for 4-5 gallons of water. People wanted one sheet for 4-5 gallons of water.

The other thing was people wanted either the Gold Class formula or the NXT formula for car wash solution in the sheet.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

im pretty sure thats what hes talking about megs never made any other wash strips did they?
            Patrick Yu
            2003 Honda Accord
            2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Yeah, I did some searching around it is was Quik Suds I had.

Well, I didn't have any trouble with one sheet in my five gallon bucket. Maybe it was technique?

I filled the bucket about a third with water. I dropped the sheet in and allowed it to soften and dissolve a bit. Then I filled it about another third from the hose. I got plenty of lather. Mroe than I wanted actually. But then, I'm not real big on lather. Lather doesn't clean cars, soap solution in water cleans cars. To me, the less lather the better.

I can see the problem with the two sized buckets and the formulas.

I saw this being offered on eBay so I guess I'll pick up some packets. I have a huge bottle of Gold Class, plus some smaller bottles from the Target Christmas kits, plus some NXT. I may die before I use all of the shampoo I have. But I'm still going to pick up the sheets. I think the concept was a good one, especially if you need to travel. I'd rather lug a sheet to my parents' house than a gallon of Gold Class.
              It's not just chocolate, it's a lifestyle.

Comment

Hey,

I agree. As you can see in my post from the link I provided, I did not have issues with the suds or anything else. It did not rinse as easily as my favorite #62, but it was not bad either.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I havent tried them but these Quik Suds Strips are still available from Meguiars UK. Ph:0044 870 241 6696.

Quik Suds Car Wash Strips

Monstrous suds in seconds! Meguiar’s leads the way in car wash innovation. Each of these power packed car wash strips creates enough suds to wash two cars, with suds that will last for hours. No more gooey bottles or guessing how much to use. And unlike many harsher detergents, these strips won’t strip off your wax protection.

20 Strips per pack - £5.99

Product code G11920.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');