• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hi, I'm Adam. This is my 1997 VW Golf. I've owned it for a bit over 2 months and I clean it all the time. I used to work for A1 Car Cleaning here in Kitchener, so, when we weren't busy, I'd do my own car.

Anyways, I love Meguiars and always try and use their stuff, right now my Wax of choice is Eagle 1, but that will soon be replaced with Rx Color booster, love it!

Anyways, I'm always looking for tips and hints to make my car shiner/cleaner/better protected. A fast car is fun, but when someone looks at your car and says "wow, you cleand it yourself?" I feel so good!

So here it is...

It needs to be cut and buffed badly...

Plans so far are;

Make it shiny
    Rims
    Lower
    Smoked Tails
    Intake
    Exhaust

It's the 1.8L, So it's not really gonna go fast, so I'm gonna keep it reliable.

Comments are welcome!
    1997 Volkswagen Golf CL
    1.8L N/A

Hi there, to MOL!

I'm sure the car is going to look nice with the mods. Did you change the front? Cause in some pics it looks like the Jetta/Vento front.

Here are some good threads to read if you haven't. Since you've worked in car cleaning, you might already know a lot of the info in there:
    Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    How To Remove Swirls By Hand
    Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
    "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
    - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');