• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Orlando Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Orlando Florida

I am very impressed with all the knowledgeable people on Meguiars website. From now nothing but Meguiars for me.

Just bought a 98 Land Rover and the roof is very very oxidized. Although very impressed with ScratchX, I think I need to bring out the big guns for this battle. I was thinking of using the Heavy Cut Cleaner. Can someone let me know what the best solution is? I was even thinking of using some type of abrasive. Help

Re: Hello from Orlando Florida

Hi jmorter,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Are you working by hand? If so ScratchX is as aggressive as you want to get and as aggressive as Meguiar's gets.

If you're working by machine you'll have more options.

Just to note, if the clear coat paint on the roof of 98 Land Rover is whitish or milky looking, then chances are that the clear coat paint has deteriorated past the point of no return an no chemical from any company will fix it.

Read this thread and click on some of the links I've inserted,

Clear Coat Failure
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes, I do have a polisher that I bought from Harbor Freight tools but I do not know if it is good or not yet. Do you think I should just try the Heavy Cut cleaner and where can I get that, I know the Walmart near my house does not have it. I think my roof does have clear coat failure but maybe my hood is salvagable. I read the links you sent me and there was a guy on there with a 98 Land Rover with the same problem! HMMM By the way thank you for the quick response.

Comment

I live in Oviedo and run a fairly successful side bussiness detailing cars. I can show you how to use your buffer if you want...

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Working on an extreme makeover? Show it off/seek advice here. We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

Heres some links to cars have done...
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Yeah, this is a great site. I've enjoyed learning from other professionals. People are very friendly and helpful here, too.

JRau in central Iowa
          It's GREAT going Cadillac!
          The Standard of the World.

Comment

dad had land rover in the 60ts in the idf
            welcome from me to
            alberto gorin
            known as gorin002

Comment

Working...
            X