• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello & a few cleaner related questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello & a few cleaner related questions

Welcome,

My name is Matt, I am from Akron, Ohio. I have been a loyal user of Meguiars for the last decade, I strongly believe that Meguiars makes the finest products for preserving your cars finish. One of my cars was a daily driver for 8 years, I kept it waxed, clayed, polished and washed on a regular basis with only Meguiars prroducts and the paint literally looked showroom new (apart from the usual little dings and what not).

I am dissapointed that MPPC was discontinued and I am looking for a replacement. For the last 10 years my standard cleaning step was MPPC with 8006 pad on the PC, #5 speed. This worked perfect for anything that needed a light touch up cleeaning to anything short of needing a rotary buff (and I'd only have a full time pro use a rotary). I just used the same process with the PC, except I used DC#1 on a friends black '02 dodge Intrepid. The DC#1 shined the paint nice, but did not phaze the swirls and holigrams, which are very very mild, but I'm certain the MPPC would have.

Has anybody used the newly reformulated Scratch-X and Fine Cut Cleaner (both reformulated for use with the PC)? If so, how do they compare to MPPC, and are they aggressive enough to take out swirling and holigraming on late model car's finishes?

Matt

Re: Hello & a few cleaner related questions

Hi Matt,

ScratchX is supposed to be close to the cleaning power of M82 Swirl Free Polish, we've seen good results using it with the PC for softer paints with shallow swirls. You might give this a try and if it's not aggressive enough give M80 Speed Glaze a try.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It's pretty hard to beat #80 followed by NXT.
      Obviously a polishing pad for the #80 and I usually use a polishing pad with the NXT to take advantage of th NXT cleaning/polishing capabilities for any places I may not have gotten 100% with the #80. Once in a great while I will use #83 in a few areas, but normally the #80 and NXT is all that is needed.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

alberto gorin
        known as gorin002

Comment

Thanks,

That's interesting- I have been looking at the forums on here and notice that most people use the 80's series for their cleaning & polishing steps now. I have had my PC for 8 years now, and have used MPPC, #7, #9 etc, but never any of the 80's. It sounds like the #80 speed glaze is more agressive then scratch-X, how could this be, #80 is listed as a glaze, not even a cleaner?

Matt

Comment

Sometimes the names on the bottles can be confusing, but rest assured, M80 Speed Glaze falls into the cleaner/polish catagory, the section on the passenger side was done by hand using Scratchx, the section on the driver's side was done using M80 Speed Glaze

Before

After
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by OhioCarBuff View Post
              Thanks,

That's interesting- I have been looking at the forums on here and notice that most people use the 80's series for their cleaning & polishing steps now. I have had my PC for 8 years now, and have used MPPC, #7, #9 etc, but never any of the 80's. It sounds like the #80 speed glaze is more agressive then scratch-X, how could this be, #80 is listed as a glaze, not even a cleaner?

Matt
              To be happy with Meguiar's products, (and they are good ones), you need to forget what the name is and read the description and instructions for use.
              If in doubt, call Meguiar's and talk to a service rep.
              Charles
              The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Sometimes the names on the bottles can be confusing, but rest assured, M80 Speed Glaze falls into the cleaner/polish catagory, the section on the passenger side was done by hand using Scratchx, the section on the driver's side was done using M80 Speed Glaze
                The #80 side was probably done with the G100, right?
                Charles
                The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
                  The #80 side was probably done with the G100, right?
                  Yes
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike,

Please give # passes , time, and wax/nowax for each side.
                    Is this considered "soft" paint? Clearcoat?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');