• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy in Phoenix [Hooked on Meguiars!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy in Phoenix [Hooked on Meguiars!]

Greetings all,

Long post...grab a sandwich.

I have an Black [factory color Onyx] 93 Nissan 300ZX I bought in Dec05. I clayed it and have been using NXT (on the advice of my fellow Z nuts at www.TwinTurbo.net ) since Jan06. Car has looked really good I get compliments from my local car club (www.projectZ32.com ) buddies all the time.

Now for the good stuff.....

I went to the world of wheels show friday and there was a Meguiar's truck on the show floor with all the goodies there. I saw the G-100a sitting there on the table by the video. After watching the video I was sold! I wanted a buffer but my main concern had been damaging the paint by not knowing what the heck I was doing but with the G-100a no worries.

They had a detailing kit for sale that included the G-100a (plus just everything else you could need NXT car wash, clay, paint cleaner, metal polish, NXT glass cleaner, NXT quick detailer, interior protectant, MF towel, drying towel, polish pads, finishing pad, NXT wax and the guy threw in a bottle of #9 swirl remover and a pad!

Right now i have about 8.5 hours in it.

Saturday started about 730AM did a really good 2 bucket wash, rinse, dry, and tucked the Z in the garage to clay. Found MOL saturday night went to lowes the get the blue painter's tape.

Sunday started about 930AM taped, labeled pads and fired up the G-100a with the paint cleaner. Polisher is very easy to use learned why you don't lift it off the car while it is still on (did make too much of a mess) got used to it really fast. Next I did the #9 and there it was WOW that car has never had a shine like the one i was seeing right then I was blown away. I was ready to stop right there it looked so good, but of course I knew i had to wax just couldn't believe it could get any better. I actually thought the wax would tone the shine down a little I got the NXT wax laid down about 3PM.

The Meguiar's rep at the show said you could leave it on for hours [i never knew this I had never left it on for more than 10-15 minutes tops when I was doing it by hand last year]. I came back about 930PM and used a MF to take it off and it was just amazing wiped right off [that G-100a puts it on so nice you don't really get a haze to look for but i did the swipe test before i started and it was ready] and the shine is equal if not better than it was and the car is such a deep black now I am totally impressed can't say enough good things about it all the work is really worth it. Well I have a few more hours to put in {2nd coat of NXT, glass and interior} but I am lovin it!!!

Re: New Guy in Phoenix [Hooked on Meguiars!]

Let's see some pictures!!!

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I love that car. If you want to learn more pointers on the G100, check out the DVD from showcargarage.com. It's great!
    Scott

Comment

Welcome to the addiction! I started with the Gold Class car wash and it's only gotten worse from there.

Isn't it great how much easier NXT wipes off if you let it sit longer? It makes it a breeze to get a good coat of wax done.

Being in Phoenix, you've got the benefit of ADS (autodetailingsolutions.com) being nearby. They're in Chandler and sell pretty much everything you could want for discounted prices. Extra nice for those of us primarily doing our own vehicles is that most of the pro line products are available from ADS in smaller bottles -- so if you don't need a gallon, you don't have to buy one.

Comment

Welcome to MOL. It sure would be nice to see some pictures of all your hard work. I'm sure it turned out great. Welcome to the addiction.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Zownr4life View Post
          Greetings all,

I have an Black [factory color Onyx] 93 Nissan 300ZX

Hi Zownr4life,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Here's a few threads to help you along,

List 'O Links

Many of the things we cover in our Saturday Classes are discussed and talked about in the threads found in the sub-forums of the Information Station

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
          How To Remove Swirls By Hand
          How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
          Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line
          Circles or Straight Lines?
          Which LSP is Best for Light Colors
          How to locate Meguiar's Professional & Detailer products in your hometown
          How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
          The Dual Action Counterweight "Controversy"
          What are the Differences Between Meguiar's Waxes
          What's the Deal with "Layering"?
          Measuring Clear Coat Thickness
          Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer
          Glass Polishing...Deep Cleaning
          NXT Tech Wax Cure Time
          Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car
          Colored Waxes - Do they really work?
          PC + #83 not "Cutting" it! - The Limits of the Dual Action Polisher
          What it Means to Remove a Scratch
          Why Meguiar's Recommends Polishing Paint
          A Lesson From White Paint
          Each one, teach one... Ferrari Fiorano 355 F1 Spider

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here you go guys.

looks even better in person. Pics taken with a very old free camera i got when i signed up with Earthlink I need to get a new one So that just shows how much of a killer shine is on the car now!

Comment

I`m from over in Scottsdale near the PV Mall. Welcome to MOL and enjoy detailing while everybody else can only scrape the ice off.
              1986 4Runner 4wd
              almost 200k miles
              the legacy lives on

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');