• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from northern Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from northern Europe

Just want to introduce myself - I'm 25 years old, student/working part-time, born & living in Norway. My daily driver is a '96 Audi A6 quattro and have two old cars too, a '77 Audi 100LS 2-door and a '78 Skoda 120GLS.

We have real winter climate with low temperatures, snow and the terrible salted roads here (I miss the year I spent in FL, USA in the late 90s), so keeping the car clean and good-looking isn't always easy.

The Audi A6, dark green metallic, is not very beautiful. Lots of swirl marks and the paint looks like it has been neglected. I bought the car last fall, so the weather hasn't allowed me to detail it completely yet - just the interior.

I placed an order a few days ago on a US webshop (believe it or not - it's faaar cheaper to order Meguiars from the US, even with shipping and tax included, than to buy it here) on the following items:

* #80 Speed glaze
    * #82 Polish
    * #85 Diamond cut compound
    * NXT Tech wax
    * Quik Clay
    * A few polishing pads, microfiber towels etc.
    I use a Makita rotary buffer that, after 7-8 years of use on my own and my family's cars, I feel I can handle and get good results.

In addition to the Audi A6, I will detail my parent's cars, a '99 VW Golf and '92 Audi 100. The VW is a solid dark blue with lots of swirl marks. The Audi 100 is a solid white.
    '96 Audi A6 quattro
    '77 Audi 100 LS
    '78 Skoda 120GLS

Re: Hello from northern Europe

to MOL
    Nice to see more people from Norway here
    Detailing cars is a form of art. Most appreciate it, few possess the required skill and even fewer understand it.

Comment

to mol. What part of florida did you live in. I'm just north of Tampa.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to MOL! Hope that winter weather ends soon for you!

Comment

Welcome!!
          Regards Sonny

Comment

Make sure and post pictures of the A6 when your all done with your magic...

Mike
            Mike Pennington
            Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Hi ES!

Cool to see more Norwegians here!
              Cool to read about your car, I have a 97 S6, also in dark green. "Raguza met"
              Hope you will post photos of your detailing. I know i will.

Where did you order from? I just placed an order at autogeek.net

J
              Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
              Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
              00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Hello to everybody!
                I lived just outside West Palm Beach. I really miss the weather (well, maybe not the hurricanes) and the temperatures!

My A6 is the same color as the S6 mentioned here, dark green metallic. It's, well, not very nice, but except for a few spots of peeling paint low on the doors and a few stone chips, there are no deep scratches.

I'll sure be posting pictures - I'm thinking of taking the "before" pictures today, so you all can see what winter, salt and neglect will do to the paint.

I ordered from www.sparkleauto.com, my order was dispatched yesterday. Fast and nice, although shipping from the US to Norway is a bit expensive if you don't want it to take a month.. Nevertheless, total amount far less than buying it here in Norway.
                '96 Audi A6 quattro
                '77 Audi 100 LS
                '78 Skoda 120GLS

Comment

Hi! The more europeans, the better How did you get that skoda 120? Was it exported to Norway? I always thought you could see that Czech car only in the post-communistic countries It's becoming a classic anyway

Comment

Hi!
                    Skoda was imported to Norway. Actually, Skodas were imported to Norway all the time, but the Soviet Lada sold better than Skoda before VW refurbished the Skoda brand and the Soviet state-owned Norwegian import office went out of business in the early 90s. I have to admit that the build quality could have been better, but they are easy to keep running. Very low used value and a tendency to rust sent most of them to the junkyard after less than ten years, but my car was stored in a dry old barn from 1991. The only owner was an old man that didn't use the car much.

Norway has got extremely expensive cars, so economy cars from the former eastern bloc like Lada, Skoda etc. sold quite well here during the 70s and 80s.

Here's two pictures of it:

Last edited by E_S; Mar 16, 2007, 03:29 PM. Reason: Added Skoda pictures
                    '96 Audi A6 quattro
                    '77 Audi 100 LS
                    '78 Skoda 120GLS

Comment

Yeah, I surely know how does it look We didn't have much cars from the west during 70s-80s, mostly skoda, soviet lada, DDR wartburg/trabant, some polish production... Thank God for Lech Walesa By the way, the back of youre skoda looks more like the 105 model? How come? Maybe it was named differently in Norway.

Comment

As far as I know, the Skoda 105 and 120 rear looks the same. It's the trim level and model year that changed the rear. Do you think of the rear with the bigger, rectangular taillights? It got restyled in 1983-84 and got those rear lights. The cars from 1976 to 1983/4 had the small taillights like mine.

BTW: I went to start it for the first time this year yesterday. After sitting since September last year, it started right up after 2-3 seconds of cranking..
                        '96 Audi A6 quattro
                        '77 Audi 100 LS
                        '78 Skoda 120GLS

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');