• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member out of Warner Robins Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member out of Warner Robins Georgia

I have been "Car Crazy" since before I can remember. I grew watching my father detail is Camaro on the weekends. Now I have the same opportunity to keep my Mustang in pristine condition. I have some work to do with water spots and minor swirls. Water marks seem to be my biggest problem right now. I have tried Scratch-X by hand and do not seem to be having any luck. I look forward to getting a chance to ask around and trying to get my 'pony show ready again.
    Robert- 2004 Mustang GT, Black, "My second full-time Job"

Re: New Member out of Warner Robins Georgia

Hello,
    Welcome to MOL!
    You have come to the right place to turn your "pony" back into a thoroughbred!

Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by Anvstang'04 View Post

I have some work to do with water spots and minor swirls. Water marks seem to be my biggest problem right now. I have tried Scratch-X by hand and do not seem to be having any luck. I look forward to getting a chance to ask around and trying to get my 'pony show ready again.
      Removing defects like swirls, scratches and water etchings means removing paint and doing this by hand with ScratchX is all about technique, it can be done using the right technique but it's a heck of a lot easier to buy a DA polisher and let the machine do the work, the paint will always look better when cleaned and polished by machine using foam pads and the right chemicals then working by hand, but we can help you with either approach.

Here's the best forums to post questions like these,

Detailing 101

Working by Hand

The Dual Action Polisher

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

You will find a lot of helpful people here that are willing to help your 'pony' get back to pristine condition.

"A clean car makes for a happy driver!"

Comment

Thanks for the tips everyone. I guess its like Mike said, i just need to learn the techniques to working by hand until I can get a hold of a DA polisher.
          Robert- 2004 Mustang GT, Black, "My second full-time Job"

Comment

SYDSTER

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');