• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

richardm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richardm

Hello I am Richard MWhat is the best wax you can use on a black car and also what can we use on our convetible top. We live in Florida and was wondering if you could suggest something.
    Thanks
    Richard

Re: richardm

Welcome Richard M!

My new favorite product on black is NXT 2.0. You should be able to pick it up locally too.

I'm not sure about convertible tops so I'll let someone else field that question.

Also if your looking for a good read check out the List O' Links.
    Scott

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by richardm View Post

and also what can we use on our convetible top. We live in Florida and was wondering if you could suggest something.

Thanks
      Richard

What kind of car? How new?

A lot of older cars had a vinyl material for thier top, most newer cars have a acrylic fiber material we generically refer to as canvas.

Meguiar's offers a cleaner and a protectant for convertible tops and actually worked with the Haartz company to develop these formulas. Because this is a cloth type material, you always have to be very careful whenever you're working on the top so that you don't agitate and thus fray the fibers. Soft brushes used gently will work fine, just don't get to aggressive and scrub real hard while cleaning.

After cleaning and the top is completely dry, or if you're top doesn't need to be cleaned, you can apply a protectant to help preserve the top material.

While these two products are currently only available in our Marine line, you can still use them on automotive convertible fabric tops.

M71 Canvas Cleaner

M72 Canvas Protectant
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

For some more reading on convertible tops you can click the link below and type in the word canvas

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

to mol. I would second the choice of nxt 2.0. You should not have any problems with it down in Florida. We live on the west coast and it works great.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');